Patrick Towles and Zeke Pike

It's kinda like when Couch was #1 in the nation a few yrs ago. It proved out that way with him being the #1 draft choice a few yrs later. Granted, his NFL career didn't thrive like many thought, but, from a college standpoint, he was as good as it got. It didnt hurt that he was in the Mumme run and shoot type offense, but, still he was scouted pretty accurately...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the offer sheet is a very telling story. Actual offers for both:

Towles - UK, Louisville, Illinois, Cincinnati... More of a local flavor to his offers.

Pike - the same 4 as Towles, plus, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Wisconsin, USC, SCarolina, Arkansas, UCLA, WVa, NCarolina, etc, etc, etc...Theres numerous more big schools not mentioned.

Not saying Pike is better, but, I do think these bigtime programs can, for the most part, recognize talent and surely they can't all be wrong, not to mention that the majority of the scouting services feel Pike is the better of the 2.

Towles - UK, Louisville, Illinois, Cincinnati... More of a local flavor to his offers.

Pike - the same 4 as Towles, plus, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Wisconsin, USC, SCarolina, Arkansas, UCLA, WVa, NCarolina, etc, etc, etc...Theres numerous more big schools not mentioned.

Not saying Pike is better, but, I do think these bigtime programs can, for the most part, recognize talent and surely they can't all be wrong, not to mention that the majority of the scouting services feel Pike is the better of the 2.

Towles also holds an offer from Vanderbilt. Just saying.

From my understanding ESPN wasn't very happy with Zeke when he was the only QB out of the top three in Gunner, Jameis, and Zeke that choose not to play in the under armour all American game and ESPN wasn't very happy so threw him to the dirt with the rankings. I'll take the rival and scout rankings

I have no dog in this fight so to speak. But from what I've seen and read about both players I just have to like Towles a little better as a QB at this point. Reason being is his decision making with the football(see state finals stats). As well as the fact that I haven't heard alot of negative stuff about Towles and or his decision making last season, while I recall Pike having some personal fouls etc, just stuff that can take away from your team.

Like many others have said on this thread I think it's highly likely that Pike doesn't end up playing QB, in fact it's still not certain which side of the ball he may even end up on. While Towles on the other hand is likely a QB only prospect, although he could land at TE or maybe WR I suppose. What I'm saying is recruiting Pike knowing he could play mutliple positions is alot less risky than Towles that is ideal at QB and could possibly work out at a few others.

From my understanding ESPN wasn't very happy with Zeke when he was the only QB out of the top three in Gunner, Jameis, and Zeke that choose not to play in the under armour all American game and ESPN wasn't very happy so threw him to the dirt with the rankings. I'll take the rival and scout rankings

Really? Haha I'm sure that's how it went down. Wish we could all be so privy to such inside info like yourself.

I am not at all familiar with the process but do you really think they would chance their reputation on something so petty? Have they been accused of something like this before? Seems like they would hurt themselves more than the players if they made a habit of that.