Terrence Jones to return to UK next season.

Zoot Soup

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said Lamb had a foot out the door?

Weren't there people saying he hated the college experience and couldn't wait to leave? That he was just looking for any tiny speck of hope that he would be a first rounder so he could bolt?

Or am I making that up?

I don't see Miller sniffing the starting lineup once SEC play begins.

Yeah because he's only started the last two seasons and those included other star players on the team. I don't see him coming off the bench this season.

Yeah because he's only started the last two seasons and those included other star players on the team. I don't see him coming off the bench this season.

I dunno, if the new guys progress the way they're expected to then I do definitely see Miller coming off of the bench some this season. Unlike years past UK will be deeper at the forward/wing position. Let's not forget that if Liggins comes back Miller will also be competing with him for playing time as well.

I stated before the SEC Tournament started that I didn't see any way that Jones stayed, I was convinced he was out the door. Than it seemed like a domino effect of events on and on and on, but finally I think the kid made the right decision.

At the end of the day, Jones overperformed to start last season, and for the first ten games of last year he was one of the best players in the country. Then defenses started schemes to shut Jones down, UK began looking to Knight more for leadership, and Jones game began to suffer some. The kid is a great player, but he has a lot to work on before he can be a great NBA player. Good decision.

Looks like only one "one and done" player for UK this year.... (maybe next year that changes, but I still think last season's four freshmen early deal was a fluke and hardly the norm for what to expect)

Any lineup consisting of Teague, Lamb, Liggins/Miller/Gilchrist, Jones, Davis with at least two of the aforementioned guys plus Wiltjer, Vargas, and perhaps one other guy seems pretty scary. Is Jones/Gilchrist/Davis the scariest forward/center group next year? Or does Zeller/Henson/Barnes outrank them? UNC vs. UK is going to be a nasty nasty game.

I stated before the SEC Tournament started that I didn't see any way that Jones stayed, I was convinced he was out the door. Than it seemed like a domino effect of events on and on and on, but finally I think the kid made the right decision.

At the end of the day, Jones overperformed to start last season, and for the first ten games of last year he was one of the best players in the country. Then defenses started schemes to shut Jones down, UK began looking to Knight more for leadership, and Jones game began to suffer some. The kid is a great player, but he has a lot to work on before he can be a great NBA player. Good decision.

Looks like only one "one and done" player for UK this year.... (maybe next year that changes, but I still think last season's four freshmen early deal was a fluke and hardly the norm for what to expect)

Agreed, first time in NCAA history, I'd say 2-3 will be the norm and sometimes we'll get lucky with 1 or MAYBE even none, but at the same time if we have no freshmen opt for the draft then it's likely because they didn't produce as was expected, so I think I'll just accept that on average we'll likely see 2-3 one and dones each year.

Any lineup consisting of Teague, Lamb, Liggins/Miller/Gilchrist, Jones, Davis with at least two of the aforementioned guys plus Wiltjer, Vargas, and perhaps one other guy seems pretty scary. Is Jones/Gilchrist/Davis the scariest forward/center group next year? Or does Zeller/Henson/Barnes outrank them? UNC vs. UK is going to be a nasty nasty game.

That's tough, experience goes to UNC, I'd say Barnes is #1 of those 6 at this point, however Davis seems like he COULD be the best of them all just because he has so much potential still. Either way I like UK's chances next year.