Dixie vs. Highlands on TV

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK against Ryle is the biggest game in NKY!

Wrong again HHS and Cov Cath. Dixie will lead the charge in 6A thus this should be a good game. Ryle has earned the right to be in discussion; however SK is an after thought. What is common among the teams mentioned they play HHS. While SK concentrates on DUCK season. IMO I think BW takes down the pioneers. We respect that program as well.:D

I predict a high scoring affair. You are going to see a lot of ball slingin and a lot of points.

Hard to predict a score this early in the year but lets look at what both teams will likely bring to the table as offensive weapons.

Dixie- Pike, Cohorn, Peterson, Bruns.

Highlands- Towles, Sheehan, True, Christian, Harris and Collinsworth.

I think both QB's throw it atleast 25 times in this one. Should be fun to watch both live and on the DVR later.

Maybe, but this will be Pike's first game of the year and Highlands' D's 2nd. That's a big advantage.

Maybe, but this will be Pike's first game of the year and Highlands' D's 2nd. That's a big advantage.

This will also be HHS coming off a BYE week. They go Week 0 to Boyle Co., BYE in Week 1 and play THU, SEP 1st v. Dixie in Week 2. Although I know Dale likes having his BYE week late in the season to allow folks to heal up, 3 games in 4 weeks (or 3 games + 1 "stiff" scrimmage in 5 weeks) with this sort of spacing will have some advantages. 12 days after 1st game to prepare for Dixie and 8 days after 2nd game to prepare for Louisville Western (both games at Home) should provide a good springboard for the remainder of the 2011 campaign which will be capped off by Elder at the Pit in Week 9 and then Ryle at Home in Week 10. Wouldn't be shocked if either of those games end up being broadcast by somebody.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how many returning starters HHS will have on offense and defense? I know this does not matter due to Coach Mueller's ability to refuel the team each year, but just for conversation.

Tough question to ask imo. First of all its a Cardinal sin to divulge this type of info so easily from a Highlands fan. No big or real secret, you just may have to dig a little bit to get your answer. Secondly, anyone who tries to guess what Dales next move is will be more then likely wrong. He takes the obvious and makes it the total opposite. Well sometimes, maybe always, maybe I better not say anymore.......LOL, Get the picture now.

Tough question to ask imo. First of all its a Cardinal sin to divulge this type of info so easily from a Highlands fan. No big or real secret, you just may have to dig a little bit to get your answer. Secondly, anyone who tries to guess what Dales next move is will be more then likely wrong. He takes the obvious and makes it the total opposite. Well sometimes, maybe always, maybe I better not say anymore.......LOL, Get the picture now.

Haha yes, understood.

Does it matter? The Birds run 5 plays and no one can stop them. I say give them the playbook it doesn't really matter..:ylsuper::ylsuper: