Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton

Featured Replies

Walton has a new coach and should be announced in a few days. All I can say is "WOW"! (and it's not Sullivan). Would have thought they could have gotten someone with some experience.

 

How sure are you on this? :confused:

  • Replies 76
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walton has a new coach and should be announced in a few days. All I can say is "WOW"! (and it's not Sullivan). Would have thought they could have gotten someone with some experience.

 

Your gonna need a bigger word than wow from what I heard.

Your gonna need a bigger word than wow from what I heard.

 

How about "UNBELIEVEABLE"!

I know who they hired. In my opinion I believe this was a great hire. He has 18+ years of coaching experience at different levels, both AAU and School. I'm not sure how much more experience than that you need? He has no varsity coaching experience, but he knows the game very well and gets results. He is as good or better than any high school coach in the 8th region. Walton should pick up where they left off last year and be very successful.

If it who I think, then he has already had a big hand in helping Walton build the team they currently have.

  • Author

Luebbe? He could a good job. Wasn't there also a woman who coached the freshman team last year? Who is she?

Luebbe? He could a good job. Wasn't there also a woman who coached the freshman team last year? Who is she?
Luebbe? Not even close.
Walton has a new coach and should be announced in a few days. All I can say is "WOW"! (and it's not Sullivan). Would have thought they could have gotten someone with some experience.
If Dan Sullivan wasn't going to be named the next coach then they chose the next best option. I believe he has plenty of experience.

This is pretty heady stuff, as there are several very successful and well-proven coaches in the 8th. The one this person is replacing did awfully well, too. We will certainly see if he/she is up to the task of generating love and happiness within the W-V community.

I know who they hired. In my opinion I believe this was a great hire. He has 18+ years of coaching experience at different levels, both AAU and School. I'm not sure how much more experience than that you need? He has no varsity coaching experience, but he knows the game very well and gets results. He is as good or better than any high school coach in the 8th region. Walton should pick up where they left off last year and be very successful.

We all know who it is...is there any reason we can't say who it is out here?

I know who they hired. In my opinion I believe this was a great hire. He has 18+ years of coaching experience at different levels, both AAU and School. I'm not sure how much more experience than that you need? He has no varsity coaching experience, but he knows the game very well and gets results. He is as good or better than any high school coach in the 8th region. Walton should pick up where they left off last year and be very successful.

 

Now that is funny. How can someone who has never coached at the high school level (freshman, jv, varsity) be as good or better than any high school coach in the 8th? There's an aweful lot of good coaches in the 8th. Coaching middle school and AAU elementary/middle school level is no where close to coaching varsity. Yes, Walton should be successful next year based on the talent they have coming back. A novice could win 20 games with their talent! Should be interesting to see how this parent/coach handles all the other parents. We all know that Sullivan was the most qualified candidate for the position but once again the administration passed on him. If this is the most qualified candidate that they had to choose from then it was slim pickings.

  • Author

Klinkenbeard? I am only thowing a name out based on the clues that the insiders are allowing us outsiders to see.

Clinkenbeard, this is an awful choice. He was one of Millers bashers. Sat by him

at many games. See how he takes all the bashing. be surprised if all returning

players come back out

I have no idea who got the job, but could have teaching positions, or lack thereof, affected the candidate pool and hiring possibilities?

This is pretty heady stuff, as there are several very successful and well-proven coaches in the 8th. The one this person is replacing did awfully well, too. We will certainly see if he/she is up to the task of generating love and happiness within the W-V community.

I argee there are some really good coaches in the 8th and coach Miller did an excellent job. Coach Miller left some very big shoes to fill and he will be missed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.