Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton

Featured Replies

I know Coach Clinkenbeard personally and think he will do a great job. As far as your comment on AAU competition "drumming" most high school teams goes, big deal. AAU coaches hand pick their talent, high school coaches do not get that opportunity.
I agree. I'm simply saying he has experience coaching at a High Level. His experience seemed to be a concern to some.
  • Replies 76
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I'm simply saying he has experience coaching at a High Level. His experience seemed to be a concern to some.
Fair enough.

First off, good luck to Coach Clinkenbeard in his new post as head coach. Second, with the players and talent returning, W-V should win regardless of who is coaching. Third, now the question on a good number of observers' minds is this - will there again be new additions from outside the W-V feeder system, as in the past?

  • Author
First off, good luck to Coach Clinkenbeard in his new post as head coach. Second, with the players and talent returning, W-V should win regardless of who is coaching. Third, now the question on a good number of observers' minds is this - will there again be new additions from outside the W-V feeder system, as in the past?

 

Yes

Yes

 

Why do you say this? Didn't know they had any other players coming in.

Clinkenbeard, this is an awful choice. He was one of Millers bashers. Sat by him

at many games. See how he takes all the bashing. be surprised if all returning

players come back out

 

 

The parent of "this player" can happily say that she will be back......

 

"This Player" has been under Mark's direction and guidance for many years........You will find that the core to this team (meaning several girls-and the parents) are huge fans of Mark....and they have been for years.....

Like I said in a previous post, they will win just because of the talent they have coming back and not because of who the coach is. I hear that Sullivan will remain as the assistant so that will provide the experience they need at the coaching level as long as Clinkenbeard listens to him and takes his advise. Somewhat ackward, with the assistant being the head coach and the head being the assistant. If Clinkenbeard's smart, he will play the role.

 

I clearly see that you are not really associated with the team. Otherwise you would already know the years Mark has spent with some of these girls. So, his commitment to help develop this group has paid off. Ask any parent....he was also one congratulated with the teams success over the past couple of years.

That's him.

 

Of all people...you should know that Mark Clinkenbeard didn't play in the 90's.

I clearly see that you are not really associated with the team. Otherwise you would already know the years Mark has spent with some of these girls. So, his commitment to help develop this group has paid off. Ask any parent....he was also one congratulated with the teams success over the past couple of years.

 

I'm very familiar with the time that Mark has spent with these girls and the efforts he has put forth to help the girls improve. I hope he continues to do so after his daughter graduates. Coaching varsity is a completely different creature than AAU. You have to please the administration, boosters, fans and parents. In AAU, if you don't like it, you just find another team. I hope Mark can keep the parents happy and have a successful year. But as I said previously, with the talent that Walton has, they will win no matter who the coach is. I will say this again, Sullivan would have been the best choice (I think most would agree probably including Mark) but it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully, Mark will listen to Sullivan and use his varsity experience and knowledge. I hope the faithfuls' continue to support him and those that have not been involved with him do the same. It should be interesting to watch how this plays out. There's more to being a varsity coach than just X's and O's and I wish him the best with dealing with the other stuff that comes with it.

Mark will be a fantastic coach for WV. I expect him to do well- he has strong community ties and has been involved in the development of many girls on the current team.

 

I'd let my daughter play for Mark any day. I trust the guy to set good a good example, be a positive role model and WIN GAMES!

 

Why do you say this? Didn't know they had any other players coming in.
  • Author

I'll probably be able to enjoy watching the games more now then before because the biggest negative complainer is no longer in the stands.

  • Author
Translation........ I have no idea

 

I would like for you to please remember this conversation next fall. One young stud from the south and a solid player from the east.

They've got a stud coming in to play on the girls basketball team?

 

Title IX has gotten completely out of hand. :D

Here's my take on this whole ordeal - Coaches will do a good job, players will do a great job if they listen to their coaches and parents need to take a sedative before every game and let the coach, coach and the players play!......just saying.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.