Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Final Poll from USA Today

Featured Replies

Is this poll usually this crazy?

 

I was wondering the same thing.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't think it's that crazy. I mean they clearly base it off the tournament more so than anything else.

 

How is it clearly based off of the tourney when Kansas is ranked higher than Ohio State? Kansas lost to the #6 team and Ohio State lost to the #3 team. How is Butler ranked higher than UK? UK lost to the National Champ by 1 point. Butler lost by 12. VCU beat Kansas....no...... VCU embarrassed Kansas but is ranked below Kansas(for the record Kansas should be above VCU). I still haven't figured out what it is based on.

Didn't Arizona beat Duke in the tournament?

 

And who is the clown who voted Ohio St #1?

 

Northern Arizona coach.

How is it clearly based off of the tourney when Kansas is ranked higher than Ohio State? Kansas lost to the #6 team and Ohio State lost to the #3 team. How is Butler ranked higher than UK? UK lost to the National Champ by 1 point. Butler lost by 12. VCU beat Kansas....no...... VCU embarrassed Kansas but is ranked below Kansas(for the record Kansas should be above VCU). I still haven't figured out what it is based on.

 

My thoughts exactly. Its like 50% tourney results, and 50% "I don't care what happened, I think x team should be here."

Yes. They don't have to put their name on the final poll of the year...

He (Northern Arizona coach) has owned up to it and defended his decision.

It looks like the coaches threw some votes down without any thought and refocused on their offseasons. Garbage. In my opinion.

 

Which is why coaches shouldn't be voting in the first place. Their counterparts in football have a 33% say in who plays in the championship game based on their votes. At least this poll doesn't count for anything.

Garbage. Read it. Crumble it up and throw it away. Garbage.

 

I agree.

He (Northern Arizona coach) has owned up to it and defended his decision.

 

Just heard a clip from him on Mike and Mike and he said they were told to vote based on the entire body of work for the season.

Just heard a clip from him on Mike and Mike and he said they were told to vote based on the entire body of work for the season.

I listened to him last night on the Brian Kenny show. I do not fully disagree with his premise. At least he defended it.

I listened to him last night on the Brian Kenny show. I do not fully disagree with his premise. At least he defended it.

 

I agree with him, too. If you asked for honest answers, how many people right now would say Connecticut is the best college basketball team in the country?

 

While winning a national tournament is certainly impressive, and I don't begrudge them being champions at all, remember they beat Bucknell, Cincinnati, San Diego State, Arizona, Kentucky and Butler to win that title. The average seed of their opponents was a 6.5 (5 if you don't include opening round opponent). They certainly won the national championship, but that doesn't necessarily conclude that they were the best team in the country.

Garbage. Read it. Crumble it up and throw it away. Garbage.

 

:thumb: VCU 6? Come on...

I don't have a problem with voting for OSU at #1.

 

:thumb:

 

The poll is to give your opinion of who the best team is. The tournament determines the National Champion. The two aren't always the same, but it seems the voters have always automatically voted the champion as the best team. I don't have a problem with that. But, I also don't have a problem with anyone who chooses to vote for a different team.

 

It is similar to the idea that the defending national champion should automatically be rated #1 heading into the next season. I can remember when that used to be a prevailing thought.

He (Northern Arizona coach) has owned up to it and defended his decision.

 

And I thought his decision was correct and well defended!

Ohio St made it to the sweet16 and Kansas to the elite 8. Before the tournment Jayhawks were only 1 spot behind OSU and they made it further in the tournment.. Most voters are going to put the 2 teams in the championship game as #1 and two.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.