Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VCU 71 Kansas 61

Featured Replies

Congratulations to VCU; I've been saying since early February that this was going to be a very interesting tournament and that I wasn't going to be betting money this year. With the way it's went, I'm glad that I didn't. I thought that the mid-majors had potential to do well this year, but to see them making up half of the final four isn't something I expected. From a realistic perspective, I don't believe that many expected to see UConn in the final four and UK/UNC playing for the final spot. At least it's been fun and entertaining to watch.

  • Author
Congratulations to VCU; I've been saying since early February that this was going to be a very interesting tournament and that I wasn't going to be betting money this year. With the way it's went, I'm glad that I didn't. I thought that the mid-majors had potential to do well this year, but to see them making up half of the final four isn't something I expected. From a realistic perspective, I don't believe that many expected to see UConn in the final four and UK/UNC playing for the final spot. At least it's been fun and entertaining to watch.

 

UConn is the only final four team I have left.. Most of them were gone after the first weekend.

Nobody wastes talent like Bill Self.

 

Rick Barnes takes offense to that statement...

 

Both specialize in the early exit with immensely talented rosters but I give the edge to Barnes since Chamlers and company at least won one for Billy Boy.

Rick Barnes takes offense to that statement...

 

That is what I was thinking .

No way on Barnes. He's wasted alot of talent but he hasn't had anywhere near the amount of talent Self has had. I want to see a breakdown of profressionals from both teams. Sure Durant is the best either have had but still. If a man openly admits he's more interested in getting players to the NBA than he is winning, how could he pass Self?

No way on Barnes. He's wasted alot of talent but he hasn't had anywhere near the amount of talent Self has had. I want to see a breakdown of profressionals from both teams. Sure Durant is the best either have had but still. If a man openly admits he's more interested in getting players to the NBA than he is winning, how could he pass Self?

 

As was mentioned, Barnes also doesn't have a title. This is a lot of NBA talent to have almost nothing to show for it...

 

2010 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 19 Avery Bradley Boston Celtics

Round 1 Pick 24 Damion James Atlanta Hawks

Round 2 Pick 2 Dexter Pittman Miami Heat

2008 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 9 D.J. Augustin Charlotte Bobcats

2007 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 2 Kevin Durant Seattle SuperSonics

2006 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 2 LaMarcus Aldridge Chicago Bulls

Round 2 Pick 5 P.J. Tucker Toronto Raptors

Round 2 Pick 12 Daniel Gibson Cleveland Cavaliers

2004 NBA Draft

Round 2 Pick 8 Royal Ivey Atlanta Hawks

2003 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 8 T.J. Ford Milwaukee Bucks

Kansas

 

2010 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 11 Cole Aldrich New Orleans Hornets

Round 1 Pick 12 Xavier Henry Memphis Grizzlies

2008 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 13 Brandon Rush Portland Trail Blazers

Round 1 Pick 27 Darrell Arthur Portland Trail Blazers

Round 2 Pick 4 Mario Chalmers Minnesota Timberwolves

Round 2 Pick 22 Darnell Jackson Miami Heat

Round 2 Pick 26 Sasha Kaun Seattle SuperSonics

2007 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 13 Julian Wright New Orleans Hornets

2005 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 29 Wayne Simien Miami Heat

As was mentioned, Barnes also doesn't have a title. This is a lot of NBA talent to have almost nothing to show for it...

 

2010 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 19 Avery Bradley Boston Celtics

Round 1 Pick 24 Damion James Atlanta Hawks

Round 2 Pick 2 Dexter Pittman Miami Heat

2008 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 9 D.J. Augustin Charlotte Bobcats

2007 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 2 Kevin Durant Seattle SuperSonics

2006 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 2 LaMarcus Aldridge Chicago Bulls

Round 2 Pick 5 P.J. Tucker Toronto Raptors

Round 2 Pick 12 Daniel Gibson Cleveland Cavaliers

2004 NBA Draft

Round 2 Pick 8 Royal Ivey Atlanta Hawks

2003 NBA Draft

Round 1 Pick 8 T.J. Ford Milwaukee Bucks

 

Touche'.

 

I will add that what I think is the difference is that many of the guys on that list left really early. Kansas has had some experienced teams under Self.

Well ther goes Obama's pick to win it, along with everyone else's brackett.

Rick Barnes takes offense to that statement...

 

:lol:

Was reading an article written by Jason King from Yahoo Sports about Jamie Skeen who plays for VCU and transferred from Wake Forest. In the article, King says that Skeen won the Mr. North Carolina basketball award, but when I looked up the past winners, his name was not on the list. Can anyone clarify whether or not Skeen won Mr. North Carolina?

In his 8 seasons at KU, Self has been knocked out prematurely by a mid-major 4 times. 1st round: Bucknell and Bradley; 2nd round: Northern Iowa; 4th round: VCU. If you will also remember the year they won the title, they were really close to losing to Davidson in the Elite 8. Also narrowly escaped SIU the previous year in the Sweet 16.

Was reading an article written by Jason King from Yahoo Sports about Jamie Skeen who plays for VCU and transferred from Wake Forest. In the article, King says that Skeen won the Mr. North Carolina basketball award, but when I looked up the past winners, his name was not on the list. Can anyone clarify whether or not Skeen won Mr. North Carolina?

 

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/skeen_jamie00.html

 

I'm not really finding it any where either. Looks like Kevin Swinton won it that year that the Wake Forest site says Skeen won it.:confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.