Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Give It Up For UC

Featured Replies

Even if you're not a UC fan you have to admit that the turnaround in 5 years to a 6 seed is quite impressive. For some reason and I can't put a finger on it I've never been a "Mick" guy and it has nothing to do with being an X fan. I liked Huggs for heavens sake.

 

So I tip my hat to Mick but I'm most thrilled for those players that got their hats handed to them on a nightly basis a few years ago and now get to enjoy the excitement of participating in the big show and getting a 6 seed to boot.

 

Well done, Clifton.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see how they perform in the tournament. it doesn't do much good to get there and be knocked out in the first round. Bit, I agree nice turnaround.

 

Even if you're not a UC fan you have to admit that the turnaround in 5 years to a 6 seed is quite impressive. For some reason and I can't put a finger on it I've never been a "Mick" guy and it has nothing to do with being an X fan. I liked Huggs for heavens sake.

 

So I tip my hat to Mick but I'm most thrilled for those players that got their hats handed to them on a nightly basis a few years ago and now get to enjoy the excitement of participating in the big show and getting a 6 seed to boot.

 

Well done, Clifton.

I agree, they undoubtedly turned the corner that they have been needing to this season. I don't think that many can deny that.

I always like to see local teams do well and make the tourny. Definitely glad UC is back in, wouldn't have predicted that at the beginning of the season. They play some tough defense.

Pretty impressive job. The Bearcats are capable of doing some damage. This tournament could be nuts. Flip a quarter.

  • Author
I want to see how they perform in the tournament. it doesn't do much good to get there and be knocked out in the first round. Bit, I agree nice turnaround.

 

For many teams that would be fair. For a team who started from an intramural team a few years ago "making it" is quite an accomplishment.

For many teams that would be fair. For a team who started from an intramural team a few years ago "making it" is quite an accomplishment.

 

It is indeed quite an accomplishment. Sadly, a lot of UC fans will never admit to the significance of this accomplishment. For those who wanted Andy Kennedy to remain as coach after Huggins' removal, AK has yet to reach the Big Dance, and he inherited a program in much better shape than what Cronin was handed. I don't like the matchup against Missouri, but I do Like that they're playing in a very familiar arena. It could be interesting if Cronin and Calhoun get to face each other again.

It is definitely a good turnaround and the fans who want to get rid of Mick are nuts. However, just as nuts are the fans who call it a miraculous turnaround. It took some time and Mick did a solid job of getting UC back to relevant, but it was certainly no magic trick.

Never have been a UC fan but have been a Mick guy. Outstanding gentlemen who treated my family like royalty when we visited him while he was the Coach at Murray State University thanks to his Dad Hep who Coached at CovCath during my years there.

 

His Dad (Hep) was a huge UC fan, even back in the day! As happy as I am for Mick, I am even more so for Hep!

It is definitely a good turnaround and the fans who want to get rid of Mick are nuts. However, just as nuts are the fans who call it a miraculous turnaround. It took some time and Mick did a solid job of getting UC back to relevant, but it was certainly no magic trick.

 

You have no clue just how serious the situation was when he took over then. Where Huggs, Zimpher and AK left the program was literally a self imposed death penalty. To recover from that in the span of one full recruiting cycle in the Big East is nothing short of a miracle.

 

Ask Tom Crean how a similar process is going for him...

I think the admin deserves some congrats. Too many times you see coaches not getting an ample amount of time and it's obvious they took a beating during this whole process. It's nice to see UC back in the hunt.

Five years is plenty of time. He's done a good job but don't make him out to be the second coming of Red Auerbach.

Five years is plenty of time. He's done a good job but don't make him out to be the second coming of Red Auerbach.

 

So you also have no clue of the challenges at hand when he took over the job. Doing what he has done in one recruiting cycle is VERY hard to do for anyone. He had one mid major level player and was in serious APR trouble because of the damage caused by Huggs, Zimpher and AK. He had no rope to work with because they not only had to recruit zero risk academics starting with this senior class, but there could be zero image issues as mandated by Zimpher. It was MUCH more than starting from scratch and winning basketball games in the Big East. MUCH more...

So you also have no clue of the challenges at hand when he took over the job. Doing what he has done in one recruiting cycle is VERY hard to do for anyone. He had one mid major level player and was in serious APR trouble because of the damage caused by Huggs, Zimpher and AK. He had no rope to work with because they not only had to recruit zero risk academics starting with this senior class, but there could be zero image issues as mandated by Zimpher. It was MUCH more than starting from scratch and winning basketball games in the Big East. MUCH more...

Some mitigating factors...

Some mitigating factors...

 

Requirements...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.