Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 89 UC 51

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think UC still get's a 6 seed, as long as the NCAA tournament committee respects the Big East as much as the media does. If they do then I really can't see UC being any lower than a 6 seed.

ND may sneak in a grab a #1 seed.

 

If they wing the Big East, I see:

 

Kansas

Notre Dame

OSU

Pitt/Duke

 

as the 1's.

If they wing the Big East, I see:

 

Kansas

Notre Dame

OSU

Pitt/Duke

 

as the 1's.

 

Yeah I think ND, OSU, and KU as of now get the 1's with the last one being between Pitt and Duke/UNC whichever one wins the ACC. If neither do somehow then Pitt gets it.

Yeah I think ND, OSU, and KU as of now get the 1's with the last one being between Pitt and Duke/UNC whichever one wins the ACC. If neither do somehow then Pitt gets it.

 

I just don't see UNC getting it even if they win the ACC; on the flipside they are pretty hot right now so if the committee favors that more so than their over all body of work I could see that happening.

Wonder if Walter will still get on here and crow about how amazing UC and their defense is?

 

Notre Dame put a statement bid down for the 4th #1 tonight. GT, you said it perfectly, just an absolute clinic.

 

Be lucky UK got them when they did. Not a team in the country that would've beaten ND tonight. They flat out put it on UC offensively and defensively. Played a much smarter game at both ends of the court.

I know others on here will disagree, but I am not sold on Cincinnati. They'll make the tournament, but it's hard for me to put much faith in a team that lacks the offensive firepower to break 70 points against a good team.

 

A 6-7 seed sounds about right to me.

Don't know of too many teams that could have survived ND offense last night and for that the past several games this team is on a roll, As for U.C. should be 6 seed possibly 5. Wisht the BearCats good luck Sunday evening. JD

I know others on here will disagree, but I am not sold on Cincinnati. They'll make the tournament, but it's hard for me to put much faith in a team that lacks the offensive firepower to break 70 points against a good team.

 

A 6-7 seed sounds about right to me.

 

They will go as far as their D carries them. I share your concern about their offense.

Don't know of too many teams that could have survived ND offense last night and for that the past several games this team is on a roll, As for U.C. should be 6 seed possibly 5. Wisht the BearCats good luck Sunday evening. JD

 

JD - 5 seed means the committee has them between 17 and 20. If 11 teams from the Big East are getting in I'd guess UC is probably 8th or 9th. Does 8th or 9th get them an overall 17 through 20?

One bad night makes them less impressive? I'll totally disagree there. Still one of the best defensive teams in the nation, just had a bad night against a VERY good offensive team...

 

A bad defensive night for "one of the best defensive teams in the nation" should end up being a 10-15 point loss. Not a 38 point shellacking.

I thought the old saying was something like, you can always play defense no matter what, you might have an off night on offense but you can always play defense.

  • Author
I know others on here will disagree, but I am not sold on Cincinnati. They'll make the tournament, but it's hard for me to put much faith in a team that lacks the offensive firepower to break 70 points against a good team.

 

A 6-7 seed sounds about right to me.

 

You also said UC wouldn't win another game 4 weeks ago and were mysteriously missing as they won 6 of their next 7 ..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.