All "A" State Tournament To Frankfort In 2012

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 hotels in the "immediate" area - the Hampton Inn and the Country Suites place next to the movie theatre in Wilder.

Beyond that the nearest are Erlanger/Florence and in Ohio on Beechmont/Eastgate. Perhaps the Travelodge is still functioning at the foot of the Central Bridge.

I didn't say it was not doable, BUT nothing comparable to what we have in Richmond.

There are 2 hotels in the "immediate" area - the Hampton Inn and the Country Suites place next to the movie theatre in Wilder.

Beyond that the nearest are Erlanger/Florence and in Ohio on Beechmont/Eastgate. Perhaps the Travelodge is still functioning at the foot of the Central Bridge.

I didn't say it was not doable, BUT nothing comparable to what we have in Richmond.

You forgot Comfort Suites in Newport and Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue.

You forgot Comfort Suites in Newport and Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue.

I'm old and forgetful. I only go to Bellevue to go to the doctor - lol!

Keep in mind that on Wednesday/Thursday of the "A" State Tournament you require housing for 30 teams and their fans. The 9th Region and maybe the 10th would opt to sleep in their own beds, as did the teams from the 11th Region while in Richmond .

In Richmond the "A" Classic committee utilized 10 hotels including 2 in Berea. Three regions stayed at the infamous LaQuinta Inn aka "Resurrection City," three at the Red Roof Inn (which is quite nice), and two at the Days Inn.

Again, not saying it's not doable, but would be a challenge.