All "A" State Tournament To Frankfort In 2012

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm old and forgetful. I only go to Bellevue to go to the doctor - lol!

Keep in mind that on Wednesday/Thursday of the "A" State Tournament you require housing for 30 teams and their fans. The 9th Region and maybe the 10th would opt to sleep in their own beds, as did the teams from the 11th Region while in Richmond .

In Richmond the "A" Classic committee utilized 10 hotels including 2 in Berea. Three regions stayed at the infamous LaQuinta Inn aka "Resurrection City," three at the Red Roof Inn (which is quite nice), and two at the Days Inn.

Again, not saying it's not doable, but would be a challenge.

It's more than doable and it would be easy! Try calling the Northern Kentucky Convenrtion and Visitors Bureau for some information on housing, or try these links below...

Link or this link.

Mustang I spent far too many years in the Hospitality Industry in NKy fighting those who said that NKy couldn't hold a KHSAA or All "A" sporting events because we didn't have the facilities and we didn't then but we certainly do now.

Honestly I can't think of a better place to hold the All "A" basketball or baseball Tourneys than the BOKC or Champion Window Field, home of the Florence Freedom!

BTW per Google maps CVG to NKU is only 15 miles and 19 minutes.....but I am sure most can make it quicker than that!

Yeah, but at least the lighting is true, and not washed in that sickly, yellow-orange cast that the lights at EKU give off.

Correct. Dim but true. We've been to the Mid-South tourney the last couple of years.

Parking not a problem for that, but never more than a few hundred in attendance.

:D

It's more than doable and it would be easy!

BTW per Google maps CVG to NKU is only 15 miles and 19 minutes.....but I am sure most can make it quicker than that!

Are you suggesting that since NoKy is not exactly a central location, that other teams from throghout the state will be flying in??? :D

Because, now I'll have to drive too far.
Understandable.

But if Eastern couldn't guarantee McBrayer's availability, I'm not sure the All A committee had much choice. In the past, there was a three-week gap between the end of the All A state tournament and the end of the regular season. This year, it was just two weeks, and I suspect the schools that went to Richmond would have appreciated the extra week to prepare for the postseason.