Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 53 Boone County 48

Featured Replies

Hatton 14

Pike 15

 

Pike seals it at line

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great game. Thought Trammel's D was the difference. He shut down Downs then they put him on Stanley and he shut him down also. Can't wait to see him guard Hightchew. Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

Dixie had this game in hand by about 7-8 most of the game. They let BC back in it by missing too many free throws inn the last minute thirty. Pike did make one of 2 with 8 seconds to go. BC had the ball down 3 with 22 seconds to go. Downs took a three, but was guarded really well and missed. Good ball game to watch, although I had no vested interest. BC was very physical. Brown is a beast down low and on the boards. Dixie finally put three around him and BC wasn't as hot as Thursday and didn't make them pay.

Great game. Stansberry was key down low coming up with many big rebounds. As was Pike down the stretch at the charity stripe. Hatton looked a bit off offensively but played aggressive defense. And while on the subject of aggressive defense, like RomanEmpire said, Trammel was very huge. Great job on his part.

 

Should be a great game tomorrow again between two very good teams.

 

Hopefully the officiating is better because it was god awful tonight. I don't know how Stansberry gets punched/elbowed in the face and there is no call. I think the blood running down his face should have triggered something in the ref's mind.

Great game. Stansberry was key down low coming up with many big rebounds. As was Pike down the stretch at the charity stripe. Hatton looked a bit off offensively but played aggressive defense. And while on the subject of aggressive defense, like RomanEmpire said, Trammel was very huge. Great job on his part.

 

Should be a great game tomorrow again between two very good teams.

 

Hopefully the officiating is better because it was god awful tonight. I don't know how Stansberry gets punched/elbowed in the face and there is no call. I think the blood running down his face should have triggered something in the ref's mind.

 

He collided forehead to forehead with a Boone player after the whistle had blown for the foul with 8 seconds left. No elbow or punch involved.

  • Author
Great game. Thought Trammel's D was the difference. He shut down Downs then they put him on Stanley and he shut him down also. Can't wait to see him guard Hightchew. Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

 

Trammel plays outstanding defense.

 

Still trying to figure out how the foul on Trammel late in the game wasn't intentional. He got closelinedcand grabbed around the neck by the Boone defender

  • Author

I felt the difference was Pike's defense down low on Brown and Stansberry defense on McQueary. Both made it tough for the Boone big men and Stansberry had several blocks on Crabtree.

 

Speaking of blocks... Pike was way up there on the block on Crabtree in the first quarter. Pike played the best I've seen him play in the past three years.

 

Hatton was clutch tonight when Boone made any type of run. Defensively he was bullying Mcqueary.

 

Better team won tonight.

Trammel plays outstanding defense.

 

Still trying to figure out how the foul on Trammel late in the game wasn't intentional. He got closelinedcand grabbed around the neck by the Boone defender

 

I'm with you there Walter....I saw Dixie's season flash before my eyes when I saw him land on his back.

Pike's defensive effort was great tonight. He beat Brown to the spot almost every time. Very rarely was he able to get position on the box. It got him frustrated late as he threw an elbow towards Pike's groin that wasn't seen by the refs, and then on the next possession, he clotheslined Trammel. I was very surprised an intentional foul was not called. It happened so fast, it was hard to tell if he even made an attempt at the ball. As for the officials, they let the kids play, which I personally like.

He collided forehead to forehead with a Boone player after the whistle had blown for the foul with 8 seconds left. No elbow or punch involved.

 

The Boone player's head was about a foot above Stansberry's as Parker was leaning down to grab the ball. It was not forehead to forehead.

 

Trammel plays outstanding defense.

 

Still trying to figure out how the foul on Trammel late in the game wasn't intentional. He got closelinedcand grabbed around the neck by the Boone defender

 

I was on the other end of the floor and it looked very intentional from there. Was very worried for Trammel when I saw how hard he went down. Glad to see he got up and was able to keep going.

 

I felt the difference was Pike's defense down low on Brown and Stansberry defense on McQueary. Both made it tough for the Boone big men and Stansberry had several blocks on Crabtree.

 

Speaking of blocks... Pike was way up there on the block on Crabtree in the first quarter. Pike played the best I've seen him play in the past three years.

 

Hatton was clutch tonight when Boone made any type of run. Defensively he was bullying Mcqueary.

 

Better team won tonight.

 

If you are speaking of the block he had when he swatted the ball off the backboard then yes that was a tremendous block. He elevated nicely and timed it perfect.

I thought Dixie's defense was the key in this one.

 

Stansberry and Pike shut down the paint all night. Boone couldn't get anything going down low.

 

Really nice night by Stansberry on the boards and came up with some nice blocks as well.

 

Pike really turned things up tonight against Brown....that's the key to beating Boone imo.

I thought Dixie did a great job defending the paint. Boone's guards scored 17 above their average while their post players were way under their average for the season. I have a question about Dixie, how often do they leave the lane unoccupied when they are shooting free throws? They did that more than a few times tonight and I'm puzzled as to why?

I thought Dixie did a great job defending the paint. Boone's guards scored 17 above their average while their post players were way under their average for the season. I have a question about Dixie, how often do they leave the lane unoccupied when they are shooting free throws? They did that more than a few times tonight and I'm puzzled as to why?

 

Not very often....probably didn't want any silly fouls.

IMG_2410.jpg

 

IMG_2532.jpg

 

IMG_2462.jpg

 

IMG_2447.jpg

 

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

 

IMG_2449.jpg

 

IMG_2529.jpg

 

IMG_2530.jpg

 

IMG_2440.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.