Mason County 68 Campbell County 46

Setting up for another great final. Royals looked to be in top form. And just remember they played Clark awfully close a month ago when they weren't playing near as well. As highly rated as Clark is it is still a toss up game until this group proves they can win at Mason in the postseason.

So far I haven't heard a bit of complaining about the 9th Region officials and how they called the game. A couple of touch fouls where no one gained an advantage were called early but beyond that I didn't see anything unusual. Lots of folks worry about how officials from another region are going to call the tourney games but I don't lose any sleep over it. If the best officials from each region are calling the games, there shouldn't be too many issues.

I did see this, but maybe it was just me. Early in last night's game, Mason's Setty got called real early for a hold (or a push). Looked to me like he was trying to see how things would be called. When called for the foul, he looked at the official and the Mason County bench, nodded his head, and wasn't called for another one until late and long after the game has been decided. Maybe I'm reading more into it than was there, but it sure looked to me like Setty did a good job early in the game getting a feel for the officiating.

So far I haven't heard a bit of complaining about the 9th Region officials and how they called the game. A couple of touch fouls where no one gained an advantage were called early but beyond that I didn't see anything unusual. Lots of folks worry about how officials from another region are going to call the tourney games but I don't lose any sleep over it. If the best officials from each region are calling the games, there shouldn't be too many issues.

I did see this, but maybe it was just me. Early in last night's game, Mason's Setty got called real early for a hold (or a push). Looked to me like he was trying to see how things would be called. When called for the foul, he looked at the official and the Mason County bench, nodded his head, and wasn't called for another one until late and long after the game has been decided. Maybe I'm reading more into it than was there, but it sure looked to me like Setty did a good job early in the game getting a feel for the officiating.

I really did not think the officials were all that great. I really did not understand the 2nd & 3rd fouls called on CC's Graff. There were some other fouls where a CC player was driving to the basket and got knocked down and there was never a foul called.

I also have to say it has been a pleasure watching the Campbell County kids this year. Coach Russell did a great job with these kids.

After last night, can there be much doubt as to how much Gilbert brings to the table when he's on his game? Hit several big shots, controlled tempo, played the role of floor general extremely well.

He' the catalyst for this team........as he goes, Mason goes.

He' the catalyst for this team........as he goes, Mason goes.

I always did like Gilbert and always said he was the player that makes Mason Co go. IMO, without him they would hurt.

I always did like Gilbert and always said he was the player that makes Mason Co go. IMO, without him they would hurt.

It shows in their games against Cov Cath, Ashland and Clark County. All three games were close in the 4th and could have gone either way, not having his leadership on the floor was a big difference. I'm not saying they win all three, but they win at least one or maybe even two of those with him playing.

After last night, can there be much doubt as to how much Gilbert brings to the table when he's on his game? Hit several big shots, controlled tempo, played the role of floor general extremely well.

I've said this before on football threads, but Gilbert is the best athlete at Mason County. The only thing that keeps him from being as highly regarded as Josh Harris is in footbal is his size. He's just as good at basketball as football, maybe better.

Glad to hear Neal Pawset is back playing. How is he moving?

He is moving VERY well. When he was introduced on senior night, I saw he was in his uniform and I figured that maybe he did that so he could at least warm up with the team. During warmups that night, he was cutting and looking really good, it was talked about on here how he got a standing ovation that night when he came in late in 1st quarter. He said before the Campbell game that his knee felt great and it shows in how he plays, I can imagine he is building more confidence each game playing with it.

It's not about the points or rebounds he gets it, those are a nice bonus. You just see him constantly getting his hand on balls, great passer, etc.

The forgotten aspect of Neal's return is that the Royals bench is now 8 or 9 deep, depending on Osborne's health.

Setting up for another great final. Royals looked to be in top form. And just remember they played Clark awfully close a month ago when they weren't playing near as well. As highly rated as Clark is it is still a toss up game until this group proves they can win at Mason in the postseason.

It should be a great region final between Pendleton Co and Clark Co!!! Maybe Mason fans were counting their chickens before they hatched.

It should be a great region final between Pendleton Co and Clark Co!!! Maybe Mason fans were counting their chickens before they hatched.

Seems like I heard this the last two years from GRC fans when Mason Co went to Rupp. :sssh::thumb:

It's okay though we have two state title to show for. Good luck to the winner of the 10th, I'll be pulling for you.