Kentucky 2011 Schedule (Tentative)

swamprat

Yeah but the state of Tennessee gets all the revenue from hotel rooms, restaurants, and other expenses. I don't like it.

Kentucky Alumni have a huge chapter in Nashville for starters. The partnership with WKU also includes the same people who run the Music City Bowl, so UK and these people are already on friendly terms.

WKU has to keep their average home attendance above a certian total (15,000 I think) in order to keep D-1 status. For two years, they count it as a home game.

Plus, with Bowling Green less than an hour from Nashville, I don't think there will be a shortage of hotel rooms the night before the game. It's no different than UK playing Miami in Cincinati last year

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Western home game and their stadium only seats a little over 22k. Western gets the bulk of the revenue for the game, therefore it makes sense to play a home game in the biggest stadium close to their campus. If UK fans travel like they normally do, ticket sales alone could be more than 4 times what UK would pay them to play the game in Lexington.

Lame excuse. Jack up the prices and hold UK fans for ransom. They'll pay it.

It's freakin' retarded to give Smashville that money for their hotels and restaurants when you can make BG hop like crazy, and keep all that tax money in-state.

Whoever came up with this idea must be from Nashville. If they're from Kentucky, they should be drawn and quartered.

Kentucky Alumni have a huge chapter in Nashville for starters. The partnership with WKU also includes the same people who run the Music City Bowl, so UK and these people are already on friendly terms.

WKU has to keep their average home attendance above a certian total (15,000 I think) in order to keep D-1 status. For two years, they count it as a home game.

Plus, with Bowling Green less than an hour from Nashville, I don't think there will be a shortage of hotel rooms the night before the game. It's no different than UK playing Miami in Cincinati last year

Well, they won't mind the short drive to BG, then. There is no real reason for this game to be outside of Ky.

Don't know what to tell you there, big guy, but the school never benefits from those anyway. It's about WKU building their program right now. That money IS coming back to Kentucky.

So, you're telling me the Nashville hotel and restaurant operators are going to rush right up to Franklin after the game and spend the money they made in Simpson Co.?

Sorry, there is no real reason to have this game out of state.

So, you're telling me the Nashville hotel and restaurant operators are going to rush right up to Franklin after the game and spend the money they made in Simpson Co.?

Jim, quit beating around the bush and tell us how really feel about this topic. :D

Lame excuse. Jack up the prices and hold UK fans for ransom. They'll pay it.

It's freakin' retarded to give Smashville that money for their hotels and restaurants when you can make BG hop like crazy, and keep all that tax money in-state.

Whoever came up with this idea must be from Nashville. If they're from Kentucky, they should be drawn and quartered.

Well, they won't mind the short drive to BG, then. There is no real reason for this game to be outside of Ky.

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Heck, schedule the game at Papa Johns Stadium if you want more than 22,000.

No, a significant portion of the revenue made from the ticket sales goes to WKU. Last I checked, that school still resides in Kentucky, and that money coming back is what I am referring to.

No, a significant portion of the revenue made from the ticket sales goes to WKU. Last I checked, that school still resides in Kentucky, and that money coming back is what I am referring to.

Yet still tens of thousands of dollars spent at Nashville hotels, restaurants, bars, convenience stores, etc., that will never make its way to the Bluegrass, where we desperately need it.