8th Region Stretch Drive

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Owen is the 4th or 5th best team in the region, just as I thought before the game. :popcorn:

That very well could be. But if that is the case there isn't much difference between #1 and #5. This region is wide open and to think anything different is competely naive. That is why people continue to talk about Owen and Collins having a shot and to dismiss them would be making a big mistake.

That very well could be. But if that is the case there isn't much difference between #1 and #5. This region is wide open and to think anything different is competely naive. That is why people continue to talk about Owen and Collins having a shot and to dismiss them would be making a big mistake.

Just don't think either team has enough balance on offense to win 3 games in the regional.

Good win for Owen but if they played 10 games Anderson wins 9 of them.

Good win for Owen but if they played 10 games Anderson wins 9 of them.
Sorry, "CC", but they don't need to play them 10 times - it only takes one good/bad night to extend or end a team's season one month from now. It looks as though Jan. 22 was the big day for the little schools to start "woofing" in the 8th, with Owen Co. snatching one in Lawrenceburg from Anderson Co., and Walton-Verona deflating South Oldham's bubble up at W-V.

Big dogs, little dogs, all that junk matters not one iota this year. Whoever is bringing their best game to Warsaw this March - and it IS WIDE OPEN NOW, folks - will be trucking down I-65 to Diddle. Any current prognosticators that might get it right are just lucky guessers, because there will be lots of twists and turns down the remaining road in the next few weeks of hoops. There are now NO FAVORITES - WIDE OPEN!!!

Edited by retropop
TYPOS

Sorry, "CC", but they don't need to play them 10 times - it only takes one good/bad night to extend or end a team's season one month from now. It looks as though Jan. 22 was the big day for the little schools to start "woofing" in the 8th, with Owen Co. snatching one in Lawrenceburg from Anderson Co., and Walton-Verona deflating South Oldham's bubble up at W-V.

Big dogs, little dogs, all that junk matters not one iota this year. Whoever is bringing their best game to Warsaw this March - and it IS WIDE OPEN NOW, folks - will be trucking down I-65 to Diddle. Any current prognosticators that might get it right are just lucky guessers, because there will be lots of twists and turns down the remaining road in the next few weeks of hoops. There are now NO FAVORITES - WIDE OPEN!!!

I totally agree - wide open. It should make for an exciting tournament.

I think what FBD means is Owen and a few other teams can knock off anyone at any given night, but it would be hard for them to do it 3 games in a row. As shown in the class A tourny with Williamstown knocking off Owen. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Still think Anderson, S. Oldham and Walton are the top 3 to beat. If anyone else wins the region it would be a upset and that would be great also. Good luck to all the teams.

I think what FBD means is Owen and a few other teams can knock off anyone at any given night, but it would be hard for them to do it 3 games in a row. As shown in the class A tourny with Williamstown knocking off Owen. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Still think Anderson, S. Oldham and Walton are the top 3 to beat. If anyone else wins the region it would be a upset and that would be great also. Good luck to all the teams.
Thank you for making my point thats why Owen must be considered.