Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Stretch Drive

Featured Replies

WV

Simon

South Oldham

Oldham

Anderson

MLC

Owen

Carroll

 

Pretty much the same as every other year...

 

Hasn't Gallatin beat Caroll County twice this year.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 2 out of 3.

Want to rethink that comment? When Gayheart is on your team you always have a chance to win. Hopefully you are no longer baffled.
No rethinking needed. Congrats to Owen on a great win. Now, I still stand behind my comment. Anderson, South, and W-V are the contenders, everyone else are second tier or below.
Hasn't Gallatin beat Caroll County twice this year.
They have played three times. Gallatin won both regular season contests 56-51 OT at Carroll and 65-45 at Gallatin. Carroll won the NAS Tournament meeting 46-36. Gallatin has dealt with many issues this season, at one time had 4 of top 8 sitting due to injury and the head coach has been out since giving birth. Looks like they face off in the 1st round of the 31st District tournment for another interesting matchup.
WV

Simon

South Oldham

Oldham

Anderson

MLC

Owen

Carroll

 

Pretty much the same as every other year...

Would not count out Williamstown. They are well coached, play hard and could pull off an upset in 1st round of the 32nd District tournament.

Retropop not sure about the "woofing" comment. It sounds to me like everyone is saying region is wide open which i agree. If your ready to "woof" feel free. Woofing can turn to tears pretty quick this year.

No rethinking needed. Congrats to Owen on a great win. Now, I still stand behind my comment. Anderson, South, and W-V are the contenders, everyone else are second tier or below.
Allright a honest man I like that. We will leave it at that and see how it plays out.
Allright a honest man I like that. We will leave it at that and see how it plays out.
Personally, I would be elated if Owen County or another small school wins the 8th Region tournment. Pretty sure that the last "small" school to win the 8th Region was Gallatin County in 1997. We are starting to see the smaller schools compete better on a more consistant basis every year and I think that will continue.
Personally, I would be elated if Owen County or another small school wins the 8th Region tournment. Pretty sure that the last "small" school to win the 8th Region was Gallatin County in 1997. We are starting to see the smaller schools compete better on a more consistant basis every year and I think that will continue.

 

There have only been two "small" (I'm defining as "All-A" schools) schools that have won the 8th, on three separate occasions.

 

Trimble (1976 and 1981) and Gallatin (1997).

 

That's it, historically.

 

But this could well be the year that changes. Walton-Verona is for real, although they caught quite a break at the end of the South game... Owen won AT Anderson...even though Anderson lost their lone senior (who quit the team), that's a formidable opponent they beat on their home court...

 

Big game Friday... Anderson County at South Oldham. Broadcast begins at 7 pm on the Pegasus Sports Network at http://www.pegasussportsky.com

 

As always, the ENTIRE 8th region girls' tournament will be broadcast by the Pegasus Sports Network...

  • Author

Colonel Mike, you and your crew really do a commendable job with your broadcasts. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with the Pegasus Sports Network, you need to tune in via your computers and reap the benefits of the internet - they really are top notch. Isn't technology great ?!?!

Colonel Mike, you and your crew really do a commendable job with your broadcasts. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with the Pegasus Sports Network, you need to tune in via your computers and reap the benefits of the internet - they really are top notch. Isn't technology great ?!?!

 

Thanks for the kind words, retropop! We've expanded our volunteer announcer staff this year so we can do more games... I have a few "rookie" announcers out there, but I've been very pleased by what they've brought to the mic. They enjoy doing it and have put in a lot of extra time outside of their regular jobs and families to bring the games to the internet. I personally am doing about the same number of games as I've done over the years, but having the extra guys has enabled Pegasus to carry more games.

 

We have a brand-spanking new crew doing Anderson County games...for those listening to the ACHS broadcasts, be patient, we've encountered a few minor technical issues in the Anderson gym we are working on and expect to have resolved shortly...

 

This year Pegasus will again broadcast each and every game - regardless of who is playing - in the boys and girls 29th and 30th district tournaments, plus every game (boys and girls) of the 8th region tournaments.

 

CM

Colonel Mike, you and your crew really do a commendable job with your broadcasts. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with the Pegasus Sports Network, you need to tune in via your computers and reap the benefits of the internet - they really are top notch. Isn't technology great ?!?!

 

I agree!! We have family in another state that look forward to hearing my daughter's game and they compliment you guys all the time.

  • Author

What about it??? Have the results of this past week - Jan. 22 through 28 - cleared anything up about the 8th region picture, or have they just muddied the water even more? For me, as I've watched the scores this week, they make me scratch my head and wonder. Maybe somebody else has a better line on this than I do. What about it???

Edited by retropop
typos

What about it??? Have the results of this past week - Jan. 22 through 28 - cleared anything up about the 8th region picture, or have they just muddied the water even more? For me, as I've watched the scores this week, they make me scratch my head and wonder. Maybe somebody else has a better line on this than I do. What about it???

 

I think South has claimed the role of favorite, with a convincing 15 point win at Owen, and tonight's 10 point victory over Anderson...

I think South has claimed the role of favorite, with a convincing 15 point win at Owen, and tonight's 10 point victory over Anderson...

 

Walton is right there with South Oldham especially since Walton has beaten South Oldham.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.