Refs

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say most have played high school basketball. If they didn't play high school ball, they've played sometime throughout their school years. Overall I think most referees do a pretty good job. Only a few are real bad, those might be the ref's that didn't play in high school. I don't think a ref should be able to call games for one school over two or three times a season. I have seen some "home cookin" in my lifetime.

OK, ......what former player now reffing was the best player?

Since I am fairly new to Northern Kentucky HS basketball, I am not sure who of the Refs I know by looking at them who did play in HS. The only one I know by name is Charlie Chappie and I know he went to Holmes. Did he play?

As far as women referees go, was my cousin, Lori Edgington, the best girls player in HS that is a current referee? Again, I do not know.

Since I am fairly new to Northern Kentucky HS basketball, I am not sure who of the Refs I know by looking at them who did play in HS. The only one I know by name is Charlie Chappie and I know he went to Holmes. Did he play?

As far as women referees go, was my cousin, Lori Edgington, the best girls player in HS that is a current referee? Again, I do not know.

One heck of a high school basketball player but one of the worst referees in the 9th Region.

First, it's my opinion that it is very easly to blame Ref's and call them terrible from the stands. As someone who has tried to Ref before I have a much greater respect for what they do. Parents and Coaches never miss a call. **off soapbox**

As far as previous experience I would say that most in the 9th region have some but that does not necessarily make them qualified or better referee's. Just like the best players don't always make the best coaches. So its really hard to say one way or the other.