Will Micah Johnson win Mr. Football

I think LexCath's win will give Burke the advantage. I just don't see a Johnson winning since he's mainly a defensive staple and his statistics however good they are will be overlooked since Burke is on pace to break state records in passing.

Only three of the last 15 Mr. Footballs did not play in a championship game. They were Scott Russell (Evarts -1991); Tim Couch (Leslie Co. - 1995); and Curtis Pulley from Hopkinsville last year. If Johnson wants to win Mr. Football, he had better commit to UK quick. :lol:

When are the votes done? Before the playoffs? After?

No question, Johnson is the best overall football player in the state. However, the demands of playing qb have to be considered and Burke has (obviously) done well.

If you twisted my arm, I vote for Johnson but would understand a vote for Burke.

Also WLEX 18 here in Lexington reported Burke was playing on a broken foot. They made it sound like it didn't happen during the game. They said he hurt his knee during the game but gave no more info.

Im not sure anything is official but he definately entered the game hurt and took a hit or something to cause him more pain. Hopefully he can pad it up next week.