Scott 71 Simon Kenton 70

Typical intensity of a SK vs. Scott game. Chambers is still shaking the rust and isn't the player he will be once he has some more time under his belt. Smith, definitely an unstoppable and very strong first half but I would argue his second half was not all that good. If he scored 9 points, I would be willing to say he didn't have more than two field goals but put up way more than double digit attempts. What did he shoot for the game? Doss swatted several of his shots- although a couple of them clearly looked like fouls. Officiating for the game; dismal both ways. Reilly had a good first half shooting and then SK didn't seem to look for him in the second half. Good game to watch but Scott was in control and the better team tonight.

Is it me or does the style of UK offense dictate what the boys in high school do? When Pitino was at UK, everyone wanted to fast break and jack 3's; now, everyone wants to dribble drive and try to beat their guy one on one.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many turnovers for SK.

Turnovers are going to happen but the turnovers when they were making a run really hurt them. I'm still amazed at how good Smith is with the ball. I thought SK did a poor job with their help defense, too many times they were pressuring the Eagles in the half court and time and time again Scott was able to get into the paint and SK just didn't adjust well. I thought the 2-1-2 would help alleviate some of the drives but SK opened the 2nd half in a zone and the Eagles promptly drove and dished to Roberts for the bucket. I guess Trent saw enough of that to switch back to man.

Typical intensity of a SK vs. Scott game. Chambers is still shaking the rust and isn't the player he will be once he has some more time under his belt. Smith, definitely an unstoppable and very strong first half but I would argue his second half was not all that good. If he scored 9 points, I would be willing to say he didn't have more than two field goals but put up way more than double digit attempts. What did he shoot for the game? Doss swatted several of his shots- although a couple of them clearly looked like fouls. Officiating for the game; dismal both ways. Reilly had a good first half shooting and then SK didn't seem to look for him in the second half. Good game to watch but Scott was in control and the better team tonight.

Is it me or does the style of UK offense dictate what the boys in high school do? When Pitino was at UK, everyone wanted to fast break and jack 3's; now, everyone wants to dribble drive and try to beat their guy one on one.

I agree, he's still seems to be a page or two behind stamina wise and luckily we still have two plus months so we haven't yet witnessed what he potentially can achieve. His shot is short and that tells me his legs aren't under him yet, and a game against a run and gun team like Scott isn't going to help the cause. Once he's back in shape he becomes the go to guy which can only help but we do have some very promising young wings. Sampson has really stepped up and he's never met a shot he didn't like, a bit more patience will come with experience. Bach had a nice game and DJ never got it going but Scott's four guard offense makes it tough for the big men and it makes it even tougher when they are forcing the tempo.

They've been far superior the past few years but I have a feeling the tide will turn in the next few.

Personally, as long as Brad Carr is in the T-Mill, his teams will always be better than Trent Steiner's. Plus this game is usually pretty close and competitive, even if one team is more loaded than the other. Kellen Smith is far and away the best player in NKY and plays the game the right way.

Personally, as long as Brad Carr is in the T-Mill, his teams will always be better than Trent Steiner's. Plus this game is usually pretty close and competitive, even if one team is more loaded than the other. Kellen Smith is far and away the best player in NKY and plays the game the right way.

I think pretty highly of Coach Carr but I don't know if that'll always be the case; in terms of Carr's teams always being better than Steiner's. It might be, and if it is, hats off to him but I do think SK will be a bit better over the next few years. Only time will tell so, in no way think I'm offering up a debate on future teams. I'm glad Coach Carr got the Scott job when he did because I think he's been able to do a great job there and will continue to do so.

I think pretty highly of Coach Carr but I don't know if that'll always be the case; in terms of Carr's teams always being better than Steiner's. It might be, and if it is, hats off to him but I do think SK will be a bit better over the next few years. Only time will tell so, in no way think I'm offering up a debate on future teams. I'm glad Coach Carr got the Scott job when he did because I think he's been able to do a great job there and will continue to do so.

I think Coach Carr is one of the best, if not the best, coach in Northern Kentucky. He truly understands the game and pushes that knowledge down to his players. I think the knowledge combined with the development of each player and the all out effort they are required to give, will always give him an advantage. Not meant to be an attack but I'm not sure I would put coach Steiner in the top 10 in any of the above categories.

As far as the game between the two programs in the years to come, I disagree that SK has an advantage. This is the year for SK to make a move if they are going to compete for the 8th region title and it doesn't appear that they are quit there yet. There biggest weakness in the next few years may be there post play; I really don't see anyone replacing there BIGS that are SR's this year. I could be wrong, but I don't know who that is. As far as Scott, they have two extremely talented classes coming thru the program. The Sophmore class has done nothing but post wins and have contributed heavily to this years varsity team. The Freshmen class is somewhat raw, but very athletic and appears to have good size. The eagels will be tough the next few years.

I agree, he's still seems to be a page or two behind stamina wise and luckily we still have two plus months so we haven't yet witnessed what he potentially can achieve. His shot is short and that tells me his legs aren't under him yet, and a game against a run and gun team like Scott isn't going to help the cause. Once he's back in shape he becomes the go to guy which can only help but we do have some very promising young wings. Sampson has really stepped up and he's never met a shot he didn't like, a bit more patience will come with experience. Bach had a nice game and DJ never got it going but Scott's four guard offense makes it tough for the big men and it makes it even tougher when they are forcing the tempo.

I think Chambers is an outstanding player and he will only get better as the season goes on. Smith is just a tough matchup for him on both sides of the ball. Smith just has a years experience and a little more quickness at this time. Two very good players and a fun matchup to watch.

As far as the game between the two programs in the years to come, I disagree that SK has an advantage. This is the year for SK to make a move if they are going to compete for the 8th region title and it doesn't appear that they are quit there yet. There biggest weakness in the next few years may be there post play; I really don't see anyone replacing there BIGS that are SR's this year. I could be wrong, but I don't know who that is. As far as Scott, they have two extremely talented classes coming thru the program. The Sophmore class has done nothing but post wins and have contributed heavily to this years varsity team. The Freshmen class is somewhat raw, but very athletic and appears to have good size. The eagels will be tough the next few years.

SK's sophmores> Scott's sophmores

SK's sophmores> Scott's sophmores

Last year Scott's Freshman beat SK's Freshman. Scott won the NKY Freshman Championship last year as well. Scott's Sophomore class has tons of talent as a matter of fact, I believe Scott will be better the next two years than they are this year.

Last year Scott's Freshman beat SK's Freshman. Scott won the NKY Freshman Championship last year as well. Scott's Sophomore class has tons of talent as a matter of fact, I believe Scott will be better the next two years than they are this year.

Simon Kenton had four freshman playing up....