Scott 71 Simon Kenton 70

I'll have to take Scott's for now... Only time will tell until SK beats them. It will hurt Scott that the three big Freshman from last year didn't even come out this year. Maybe next year?

Which 3? Hayden, Grant, Ben or Devin? Am I forgetting one? Just curious as to which three you are talking about?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Kenton had four freshman playing up....

I understand that and please excuse my ignorance because I truly don't know. Were they playing up because they were so talented or were they playing up because of the lack of talent on SK's varsity squad last year? Scott did not play any freshman up last year during the freshman season but I know other school's did. Would SK have been the best freshmen team last year if their players did not play up?

I know Scott had a great frosh season in '09, their championship tells me they had to be pretty solid. With that being said, Ayers and Sampson are combining for 22 per game in '10 as sophomores. Scott's three best players (my opinion after one game) will be exiting after this season so I give SK the talent advantage but then again I don't know the skill sets of those Scott youngsters, I'll have to speak to Pops about those guys.

I understand that and please excuse my ignorance because I truly don't know. Were they playing up because they were so talented or were they playing up because of the lack of talent on SK's varsity squad last year? Scott did not play any freshman up last year during the freshman season but I know other school's did. Would SK have been the best freshmen team last year if their players did not play up?

None of the sophomores are bigs, and that was their weakest position last season, so I'd say it was due to talent. Sampson and Swanson dressed varsity and received a fair amount of PT, most of those minutes were earlier in the season. Monson is a steady PG, Ayers is a lengthy wing who plays with some passion. Sampson like Ayers is a talented lefty, Swanson a strong little PG, Barnes can fling it from downtown and Bowling is a big body down low.