2010 "Best of the Bluegrass" All-Star Game

Sweeperboy

How does this team not have a representative from Ryle on it? Seems odd, how are the players picked?

Could be they see Ryle as having a great team and no individual superior standouts as seniors. IMO.....Hemple of course could play in this game as well as a couple of other Raiders.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, their best player is a junior? I know he is one of the best players in county, but after going 12-2 (beating SK twice), one would think that minimum there would be one player? How come Chris Kelly (NCC) is not on this roster? I am not 100% familiar with the process...is it just seniors? Who voted? All coaches? All Classes? Just seems odd.....If one is a TRUE football fan, than I would like to see the best....

Really, their best player is a junior? I know he is one of the best players in county, but after going 12-2 (beating SK twice), one would think that minimum there would be one player? How come Chris Kelly (NCC) is not on this roster? I am not 100% familiar with the process...is it just seniors? Who voted? All coaches? All Classes? Just seems odd.....If one is a TRUE football fan, than I would like to see the best....

Yea Chris Kelly plus some of NCC O-line should be on this team. Mullens and Mace should be on this team to from Ryle.

Chad Lawrence will have a good O-Line to protect him to show what he really can do in front of the recruiters!

That O-Line will include Alex Newton (6' 3", 285 lbs) from Mason Co. who is a heck of a good lineman. The O-Linemen don't run or catch the ball but are instrumental for those who do.

Not sure of the process of selecting kids but it does appear that some kids that I know and some that have been mentioned do play basketball. Perhaps no basketball players are participating. It seems that it would be very difficult to play in one of these games if one does play roundball, jmo . Not sure of all of the details though.

We all have our opinions of who should be on the roster and who shouldnt be missing but I would imagine its a tough call for the people selecting. You also never know if there were kids asked to play who may have politely turned it down.

Weather shouldnt be too cold on Sunday. I think it will be in the low 40's If I am not mistaken.

This seems to be a game for players who do not yet have plans for next year. Notable ommisions with colege plans set would include

Lamar Dawson (undecided)

Conner Hemple (Harvard)

Zack West (Kentucky)

Will Whitman (Harvard)

Darrien Miller would be the most notable exception (Kentucky)

There are a bunch of kids on these teams that have already committed and a bunch that are being heavily recruited by some big names.

Excellent point. As I have heard that many college coaches will be on hand not only for the Sunday game but also throughout the week. Sorta a mini end of season combine camp for kids that are being considered. I do know that 3 Division 1 schools will be represented there and none of the 3 are from the State of KY. I guess the better question for those that are going to ask me who those schools are is that will any of the KY Div 1 schools be represented.

Really a great opportunity for kids to get some exposure imo and a better opportunity for colleges to get to see 80 kids all at once.