Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I love the title and first line of this article from the CJ

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the article say? As is often the case, I get kicked off when I try to open a C-J article.:madman:

What does the article say? As is often the case, I get kicked off when I try to open a C-J article.:madman:

 

That's weird. Here you go:

 

Louisville haters, rejoice!

Your days of enduring another state championship high school football game involving two of the big city's "Big Three" will come to an end today -- at least for the foreseeable future.

Trinity (13-1), No. 1 in The Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings, and No. 12 Male (11-3) will meet for the Class 6-A crown at 8 p.m. EST at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green.

Trinity, Male and St. Xavier -- the "Big Three" -- have combined to win the past 13 big-school titles in Kentucky. Today's contest will mark the eighth time in 11 years that two of the three have advanced to the championship game.

But change is coming. In October, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association approved a change placing Trinity, Male and St. X in the same district starting in 2011 and lasting at least until 2014.

That means only one of the "Big Three" -- which will be joined by Manual in the new district -- will be able to advance past the 6-A regional finals.

"This is the end of where the traditional powers of Louisville can meet in the state finals," Male coach Chris Wolfe said. "That chapter's closed, and now we'll see what happens next when we're all in (the district) together."

Edited by rockmom

Thanks.:thumb:

 

I thought that from the title, the article might have been about the youth of Trinity's team and the potential for a three-peat.

  • Author

May favorite line

 

Louisville haters, rejoice!

It doesn't matter what changes they make. Trinity and X will have the best teams every year. I will never understand why they want to try and change everything because two teams are great every year. It seems like they are getting punished for it.

It's first lines like that that make people become Louisville haters, although I don't disagree with the article

What about Ballard and the other JCPS schools on the other side of the bracket? Couldn't 2 Louisville schools still make it?

I don't understand why they want to keep the 2 best schools out of the finals. If there are no changes in the future, the finals game will be a blowout every year. Which would probably make the gate go down significantly.

  • Author
What about Ballard and the other JCPS schools on the other side of the bracket? Couldn't 2 Louisville schools still make it?

 

Yes they could.

 

I'm a Trinity guy that happens to like a lot about this new alignment. More years then not we have to beat X in the playoffs anyway so we might as well keep the gate. Male and Manual with both be bigger draws then either Eastern or Seneca so more money. The only negative I see is the end of the rivalry with Ballard. Hopefully they will get some intestinal fortitude and continue the game. IMVHO it would be an outstanding game to open the season with.

I don't understand why they want to keep the 2 best schools out of the finals. If there are no changes in the future, the finals game will be a blowout every year. Which would probably make the gate go down significantly.

 

Then that would serve them well - IMVHO. It is a shame because the current success of a few - the entire "landscape" has to change. REally smacks of we can't win or compete fair and square --so we will just 'gerrymander" you right on out of there.:madman:

 

And if your premise is correct -about T and X -- then I really feel bad for Male & Manual and their kids. What did they do to deserve such a fate? What are they doomed to in the future?

 

I Know I know...I can hear all the "haters and baiters" screaming about #'s and unfair advantages, "recruiting"..etc - its funny to me this Alleged "supremacy" is in f-ball only ?:confused:

I have nothing against Louisville, it's a cool town. I somewhat disagree with the article in that I couldn't care less who plays in the 6A game each year. T vs. X, R vs. A, B vs. C.....whatever.

Well, I think that there is a lot of misunderstanding and ignorance about a lot of high school sports issues. I can understand why any team would like to feel that they have a chance at some point to compete, yet I also think that there’s been an era where our society has developed a mentality to try to “give a trophy to everyone just to participate” rather than respect a program that has done well. Building a program in any sport is difficult, but football has its own challenges—especially because of the number of players involved.

 

Geography and population also play into this. The Louisville Metropolitan Statistical Area population in 2008 was 1,221,069. KY has about a total population of about 4,314,113. So Louisville makes up about 28% of KY’s population.

 

People with differences need to find common ground. Both sides. Sometimes I feel winners can be hated because they win and Louisville is hated—because Louisville is Louisville.

 

 

Sat Dec 4, 2010 12:00 AM

6-A game will usher in new era:http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/Louisville/article/2010312030115

It's first lines like that that make people become Louisville haters, although I don't disagree with the article

 

People in Louisville kind of like that those that don't, hate.

Whe I read it I told Mama they shouldn't call the "Big Three". Male hasn't won it since 2000, haven't played in the finals since 2003.

 

Hopefully that will change in the next few years. Trinity hasn't lost to a Louisville Public School with the current head Coach in 58 games.

 

Someone needs to really look at this, or we have to really just try harder.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.