Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 Finals Attendance

Featured Replies

Class 1A

 

2010 - 5,761

2009 - 3,582

 

Louisville

 

2008 - 3,316

2007 - 3,792

 

 

Class 2A

 

2010 - 7,964

2009 - 4,157

 

Louisville

 

2008 - 4,635

2007 - 5,679

 

Class 4A -

 

2010 - 13,167

2009 - 6,837

 

Louisville

 

2008 - 6,103

2007 - 7,603

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was just what WKU needed. Attendance up across the board, especially that 4A game. Definitely some validation there, outside of the drop they will undoubtedly suffer with the 6A game.

  • Author

I think once the griping and moaning from Louisville and NKY died down, people realized the venue is better to watch the game than PJCS.

I think once the griping and moaning from Louisville and NKY died down, people realized the venue is better to watch the game than PJCS.

 

While PJCS is much more convenient for me, I hope they never play it there again. WKU is a great location for it, and the stadium is the perfect size for the size of crowd that would attend the state finals. Great atmosphere tonight.

Biggest High School Crowd ive seen in a long time, heard ACS shut down the town lol

While PJCS is much more convenient for me, I hope they never play it there again. WKU is a great location for it, and the stadium is the perfect size for the size of crowd that would attend the state finals. Great atmosphere tonight.

 

I agree 100%. I hope it stays in BG. The drive is quite a bit longer but well worth it.

I like the venue too, but you do have to take into account the attendance jump in who is playing in the game. The 1A game had a close team Mayfield, and a distant one Hazard. The 2A game had Owensboro Catholic and NCC, and the 4A tilt had Boyle County and the huge (nearly hometown) crowd of ACS.

 

See what today brings in the 3A battle and the 6A battle before crowning WKU the champ.

I like the venue too, but you do have to take into account the attendance jump in who is playing in the game. The 1A game had a close team Mayfield, and a distant one Hazard. The 2A game had Owensboro Catholic and NCC, and the 4A tilt had Boyle County and the huge (nearly hometown) crowd of ACS.

See what today brings in the 3A battle and the 6A battle before crowning WKU the champ.

 

I don't need to, because I've already seen what I need to see. PJCS is way too big to be hosting the state finals. Smith Stadium is the perfect size.

The 1A game had a close team Mayfield, and a distant one Hazard.

 

You think 3 hrs is close?

You think 3 hrs is close?

 

Closer than to Louisville.

I think once the griping and moaning from Louisville and NKY died down, people realized the venue is better to watch the game than PJCS.

 

Much better, perfect for high school title games - hope it stays in BG for many years to come.

Hazard had to travel 40 miles further to BG than Mayfield.

Closer than to Louisville.

 

And a lot further then Louisville to BG. No excuse for the 6A game not to have a huge crowd.

  • Author

Mayfield played LCA last year, who is closer than Hazard and the 1A attendance was much higher.

 

Owensboro Catholic and NCC traveled farther than last year's teams -- Fort Campbell and DeSales and the 2A attendance was much higher.

 

Let's face it. Outside of T and X, the Louisville area teams don't pack the stands. NKY has seen their travel time increase. But WKU benefits everyone else.

 

The only class staying in Louisville benefitted was Class 6A because of T and X. And I think based on other decisions made this year, the KHSAA is showing there are other classes and schools to consider when it comes to football in Kentucky.

 

 

These are very significant jumps this year.

The only griping from NKY is the travel. The venue is by far a much better place to watch a game. I can live with the travel though as long as my team makes it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.