November 24, 201015 yr How many had he had in the three games before? 10...Averaging 4.5 TOs a game is not good, especially when you're only dishing out 9 total assists in 4 games.
November 24, 201015 yr 10...Averaging 4.5 TOs a game is not good, especially when you're only dishing out 9 total assists in 4 games. I'm not worried about his assist totals. He's not a traditional PG. He's a scorer. In this offense he's going to look to score and will turn the ball over being aggressive. No different than Wall last year. You just deal with it and take the total package.
November 24, 201015 yr Author I'm not worried about his assist totals. He's not a traditional PG. He's a scorer. In this offense he's going to look to score and will turn the ball over being aggressive. No different than Wall last year. You just deal with it and take the total package. And he is going to have to do that for this team to amount to anything. It's a lot different than last year when all Wall had to do was worry about getting others involved and let the points come to him.
November 24, 201015 yr I'm not worried about his assist totals. He's not a traditional PG. He's a scorer. In this offense he's going to look to score and will turn the ball over being aggressive. No different than Wall last year. You just deal with it and take the total package. I'm not disagreeing with any of that. Just merely pointing out that Wildcat Dad said Knight doesn't turn the ball over, when he obviously does so, and at a pretty steep clip at that.
November 24, 201015 yr Does he seem like a great game coach to you? Made a great move last night early in the game. UW scores two straight to open the game. Cal quickly call TO to right the ship. UK goes on a 21-5 run.
November 24, 201015 yr His turnovers are different than Wall's too. Wall would just go darting in to traffic out of control trying to outrun everyone; Knight just gives the ball away. While Wall was quicker getting to the hoop, Knight is a lot more balanced and under control which almost makes them a wash in that respect. Random thought, anyone else think of British Knights when you think of Brandon Knight - because of the initials? Sorry, just weird things go through my head sometimes.
November 24, 201015 yr I'm not disagreeing with any of that. Just merely pointing out that Wildcat Dad said Knight doesn't turn the ball over, when he obviously does so, and at a pretty steep clip at that. He had a bad game last night as far as turnovers are concerned, are we not due a bad game here or there. Besides, I think he more than made up for it.
November 24, 201015 yr Does he seem like a great game coach to you? I certainly felt as if he outcoached the great Lorenzo Romar last night.
November 24, 201015 yr I certainly felt as if he outcoached the great Lorenzo Romar last night. You or I could accomplish that epic feat...:lol: I think Cal is a good game coach. Great? Probably not, but he's definitely better than most IMO.
November 24, 201015 yr You or I could accomplish that epic feat...:lol: I think Cal is a good game coach. Great? Probably not, but he's definitely better than most IMO. Ha, this is probably true. Good game coach, decent game coach, either way I'll take his resume over the past few years.
November 24, 201015 yr I have a good feeling that Kanter will be ruled eligible in a few weeks. If that happens I think UK will be right in the mix with Duke as the best team in the nation. It would be a classic matchup between those two if it comes down to it in the NCAA tourney. Along with Ohio State.
November 24, 201015 yr On the coaching question, I think Coach Cal is a lot like Huggins. A great coach but better as a practice coach and getting the most out of his team than a coach who makes in game adjustments. They both have their system and their top 7-8 players that they coach up in practice and say go do it. Both are just average or a little better at in game coaching. Here are my early season observations on the Cats: 1. As someone touched on above, the thing that is vastly underrated about Coach Cal is his teams play great defense. I am already impressed with the defense I am seeing out of this young group. 2. Brandon Knight is perhaps the most gifted scorer UK has seen in a long time. When the ball leaves his hand, it is going in. It doesn't matter where he is on the floor, if he is off balance or anything else. He is one of those guys that the ball seems to always find the bottom of the net when he lets it go. 3. Terrence Jones is one and done and will be a lottery pick in next year's NBA draft. 4. Harrelson is doing a nice job filling a role. If he can keep playing solid defense, get a few rebounds and pick up some garbage baskets here and there like he has been doing, UK can have a very good season. His biggest area for improvement IMO, play strong when taking it to the rim. He takes it to the rim like he is a 6' tall guard instead of a 6' 10" strong big man. 5. Vargas has looked completely lost but last night he played very well. I think he is going to get better every game (with an up and down or two) and at the end of the year, we are all going to look back and say he is the player who improved the most throughout the season. 6. I think Miller is finally starting to find his game. His bread and butter is the slashing drive to the mid range shot. If he tries to take that first in every game and establish it, it will open up some outside shots for him. 7. Liggins has improved more in his career at UK than any player I can recall. Give the credit to Coach Cal. If he keeps playing like this, he will play in the NBA. His size and skill set are what NBA teams look for. Liggins has improved but he is more of a role player he reminds me of Antwan Barber, I hope he makes it to the NBA but he's gotta become a better shooter.
November 24, 201015 yr Liggins has improved but he is more of a role player he reminds me of Antwan Barber, I hope he makes it to the NBA but he's gotta become a better shooter. Liggins is 10x the player Barbour was. Not even close IMO.
November 24, 201015 yr Liggins is 10x the player Barbour was. Not even close IMO. I could not agree more. Liggins has something to hang his hat on (Hustle & defense) where Barbour just never seemed to get it. They are comparable athletes, but Liggins has overcame alot more and seems to get after it as much if not more than Barbour ever did IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.