Question for X fans and faithful

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you ask this question to StX fans? Hasn't Glaser won more state titles in 6A(or highest rated class) than any other coach but Beatty in past ten years. Hasn't StX beaten Trinity as many times as Trinity has beaten StX in past ten years? Glaser is a great coach and can win it all when he has the right players. See 2009.

This is not intended to pour salt in wounds, but rather an honest question. Is it time for a change at X? Is Glaser the guy you want for the next 5-10 years? If so, is it time to demand and update to the offensvie scheme?

SS

Leave it and him alone. He is their guy and that's their choice.

I like him :D

Glaser will be the coach until they carry (no passing) him out in a box.

In my opinion the X Trininty game as changed since the 80' and 90's. It is no longer mainly Catholic boys playing Catholic boys. One school has changed the complexion of the game into who can load up. I am not sure we are comparing apples to apples anymore. I am not saying who's correct just different ways of building a team and yes they both have added to the non Catholic mix.

Go Tigers

In the last few years it boils down to which team can encourage the best athletes to come to their school. Coach Beatty is beginning to win most of these battles too. The most encouragment he has to offer is his style of offense and championships won. Coach Glaser is a good man, good teacher, and good football coach. Despite his losses to Trinity in the Coach Beatty error, he will be St. Xavier's head coach for as long as he wants barring some unforeseen event. The St. Xavier administration does not look at losing to Trintiy or style of football played as the total measure of their coach despite all the pain it inflicts on alumni and supporters when losing this deeply felt and fearsome rivalry game.

It is in the program.

Great. If you have a copy of it, post on here the guys X was able to "encourage" to come there who didn't play in the CSAA. I understand there probably isn't going to be any given St. X's mission and philosophy, but I just wanted to double check. Thanks in advance.