Question for X fans and faithful

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RM

You are absolutely right on -as usual. Having been around for some time, I have seen first hand the evolution of T. And, also remember the original "charge" when T was founded to "Provide a place for all" - students. I think it is fantastic that T makes a place for all students and provides a place for them to reach their full potential. Have had many a parent tell me how grateful they were for the programs that T had to offer.

[sorry -- got off subject just a 'tidge.']

Thanks for clearing this up! Boy! I sure started a fire storm!! This is exactly where I was going. I hope this closes this thread and we can move on. GO ROCKS! #20!

I actually don't think he meant it as a slight. Trinity has programs that X doesn't offer, for students with learning differences. It's actually (IMO) one of the best things about Trinity. For a school that doesn't have to, Trinity has created ways to help these kids, and its mission is enhanced by those programs. I would say that it does allow a student that may not have previously considered a private school education an alternative. And some of those students may well be athletes. The by-product could possibly be athletic success. BUT, I do not say that as a reason that Trinity elected to become more attractive to a broader range of students. I think they identified a need, and it fit with the mission statement, and they've been very successful. It's one of the stepping stones to total success at Trinity.

For the record, I'm proud to say that I was fortunate to attend quite a number of Shamrock Awards afternoons, and the number of kids on athletic teams that receive those Academic awards is staggering. But I think it speaks to the intertwining of academics, athletics, other interests and community service that propels these kids to that level. I truly believe that it takes all those components to make the complete person. And when they are pushed not only by their teachers, but by their peers, to excel in the classroom, you see the result at the beginning of Pride Week each year.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Why would you ask this question to StX fans? Hasn't Glaser won more state titles in 6A(or highest rated class) than any other coach but Beatty in past ten years. Hasn't StX beaten Trinity as many times as Trinity has beaten StX in past ten years? Glaser is a great coach and can win it all when he has the right players. See 2009.

Can't anyone win when they have the right players? I thought a great coach would be one that would win it, when he didn't have the right players. What if T and X have the right players the same year?

Can't anyone win when they have the right players? I thought a great coach would be one that would win it, when he didn't have the right players. What if T and X have the right players the same year?

This thread has becometiring and run its course.