Danville/Owensboro Catholic Predictions

Who is your pick?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick?

• Danville
    • Owensboro Catholic

I see it this way,

Murray is a better power running team than Danville, OC beat Murray.

OC will throw the ball better than Monroe and Monroe was in a position to give Danville fits had we thrown it more accurately.

I will be pulling for Danville, but I see OC winning by a couple of TD's. Danville will need to use the running game to chew clock and keep OC off the field, if they slow the game down they've got a chance...

Semperfifalcon I respect your opinion,but I don't think Murray's run game has faced any real competition except for OC.Now Ocaths passing game does worry me.I know they will burn the Ads a few times I just hope the Ads bend but don't break.I think this game is about as even as it gets.I will give a slight advantage to the Ads because of their tough schedule.

I have been saying for the last month that the key for the Ads to win is if they cut down on the mistakes and penalities.So far they haven't but continue to win.If they are not careful it's going to catch up with them and that may just happen this Friday.Semperfifalcon I truly appreciate that you are pulling for Danville.It means alot...:thumb:

Danville 45

Ocath 33

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about OC...haven't seen them. But I do know Danville plays a VERY tough schedule...and they have faired really well. I haven't seen a line that big in a really long time in high school football at that level. I think Danville will be hard to stop...unless they stop themselves (turnovers, which has plagued them all year). Good luck to both teams. Danville 28 OC 27.

THIN THIRTY or ADOPTED ADMIRAL answer a question for me. For two weeks in a roll, I've watched #50 from Danville dominate the game (when he is in) on defense. Also I noticed he is subbed often for #70. WHY? #50 dominates when he's in there, #70 has not impressed me at all. Why do the coaches pull him about every 3-4 plays? I know we had all sorts of fits blocking him and from what I seen, so did Monroe Co. When #70 goes in, we ran right at him and had some success and so did Monroe. Now I know Coach Harp is a great coach but this makes no sense to me... can you fill me in on something I may be missing?

I think the Ads have been licking their chops to get back to the finals and will not be denied. I will go with the Ads 28-21.

I agree, I would assume that Danville is motivated for another attempt at a title, the game is going to be home for them, and Harp will have them fired up. I think Danville wins in a tight one.

THIN THIRTY or ADOPTED ADMIRAL answer a question for me. For two weeks in a roll, I've watched #50 from Danville dominate the game (when he is in) on defense. Also I noticed he is subbed often for #70. WHY? #50 dominates when he's in there, #70 has not impressed me at all. Why do the coaches pull him about every 3-4 plays? I know we had all sorts of fits blocking him and from what I seen, so did Monroe Co. When #70 goes in, we ran right at him and had some success and so did Monroe. Now I know Coach Harp is a great coach but this makes no sense to me... can you fill me in on something I may be missing?
The player you are talking about is Tevin Raines, I had the same question. But from what I have heard he has some trouble with the leg he broke last year, and when he pass rushes a lot it gives him problems. I think they try to put #70 in when they anticipate a pass because he is a better pass rusher. The problem comes when the play turns out to be a rushing play and he is not strong on stopping the run. I'm not sure what they will do friday with as much as OC throws the ball.:idunno:

The player you are talking about is Tevin Raines, I had the same question. But from what I have heard he has some trouble with the leg he broke last year, and when he pass rushes a lot it gives him problems. I think they try to put #70 in when they anticipate a pass because he is a better pass rusher. The problem comes when the play turns out to be a rushing play and he is not strong on stopping the run. I'm not sure what they will do friday with as much as OC throws the ball.:idunno:

Yeah that is who I am speaking of..just didn't want to use his name on here. He is one fine player and against us, dominated us up front. He also gave Monroe Co. fits last friday night. Ashame this guy isn't on the field all the time, could put up some really impressive numbers.

Yeah that is who I am speaking of..just didn't want to use his name on here. He is one fine player and against us, dominated us up front. He also gave Monroe Co. fits last friday night. Ashame this guy isn't on the field all the time, could put up some really impressive numbers.
He is the team leader for sure, he will have to leave it all on the field friday for sure, and I look for him and the Admirals to do that, they all know the challenge they face.

# 50 is a flat out warrior. He understands what it means to put that Danville uniform on, and he is the leader of this team. As for the game, there is no secret Owensboro is goin to watch the film and go right at #9, but you can only pick on him for so long and eventually he's goin to make a big play, I hope so because he's a great kid. This group of seniors has been through so much I just hope they can FINISH!!!!