72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick?

• Danville
    • Owensboro Catholic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big turnaround season for both these teams compared to last year. Both teams had an uncharacteristic losing season in 2009 and now one of these teams will be playing in the 2A title game.

I know little about Danville, but am very familiar with O-Cath. O-Cath is playing superior football this season, almost in a league of their own out here in the west. They are well coached and have a mind-numbing amount of offensive alignments. O-Cath will not beat themselves with turnovers or penalties. Danville will have to flat out win this game and not wait for O-Cath to make a mistake. Wish I could make it to this game, but will settle for watching the winner in Bowling Green the following week.

O-Cath 30

Danville 21

I see it this way,

Murray is a better power running team than Danville, OC beat Murray.

OC will throw the ball better than Monroe and Monroe was in a position to give Danville fits had we thrown it more accurately.

I will be pulling for Danville, but I see OC winning by a couple of TD's. Danville will need to use the running game to chew clock and keep OC off the field, if they slow the game down they've got a chance...

As I set and watch the Danville/Monroe Co. game, I continually seen Monroe have a little success throwing the football. Especially in the middle of the field. I feel that #3 from Danville is a very good cover corner; however, not so much #9. With that being said, I feel the "pass happy" offense of Owensboro Catholic will give Danville fits. I agree with Semperfifalcon that Danville will have to chew the clock with their running game in order to have a chance. Sam Harp or not, in my opinion the Aces from Owensboro Catholic will leave Admiral Stadium the winner and face Newport Central Catholic at WKU.

As I set and watch the Danville/Monroe Co. game, I continually seen Monroe have a little success throwing the football. Especially in the middle of the field. I feel that #3 from Danville is a very good cover corner; however, not so much #9. With that being said, I feel the "pass happy" offense of Owensboro Catholic will give Danville fits. I agree with Semperfifalcon that Danville will have to chew the clock with their running game in order to have a chance. Sam Harp or not, in my opinion the Aces from Owensboro Catholic will leave Admiral Stadium the winner and face Newport Central Catholic at WKU.
Danville has faced a lot of pass happy teams lately, I'm sure OC will be the best so far, it's no secret that if you are going to consistantly move the ball on the Danville defense, that is the way to do it. But maybe we can get some more picks this week. I researched OC's schedule and competition thus far, and outside of Owensboro and Murray their competition has not been that strong. The Litkenhouse rating has Danville around 5-6 points higher than OC so with that and Danville playing at home I'll take the ADS 35-28.

Catholic will surprise you, they score like a basketball team in spurts. Murray had about as good a defense as you will see in 2A, Catholic scored 29 pts and probably could have scored more if not trying to line up for a field goal.

Catholic skill players are very good and have some speed, but their QB is ome of the best I've seen in 2A in awhile. He has great feet and very accurate with some very good receivers. So needless to say I think it will be a dogfight and Catholic will prevail....