• Russell by 7 or More
    • Russell by 6 or Less
    • Newport by 7 or More
    • Newport by 6 or Less

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the rain from Tuesday night/Wednesday morning doesn't dry up or if it rains Friday the field may resemble the mud slop that the regular season Bellevue/NCC game was played in at Newport Stadium.

You can view the pictures from that game and get an idea from here.

http://www.northernkentuckysports.com/Media.asp?CatID=10

Now that's a muddy field. :scared:

Our boys love to grind it out in the slop! :D

Defensively, I think Russell should match up well against the Newport offense and pretty much keep them in check. Not a shutout by any means, but well below their season average point total. The flip side of this matchup I believe favors Russell. Newport has shown vulnerable defensively with a tendancy to give up a bunch of points, especially to strong running teams. Russell is a strong running team, with enough passing to keep you honest. If my thoughts prove out, then Russell wins fairly comfortably.

Well we are prolly gonna be tough to come by for our guys then. All last week all I heard about is EC's defense and it was definently the strength of there team but not all I expected.

East Carter's strength was there defense and there offense sputtered often. I'm not sure what happened against you guys, but that was there strength. But they also gave up 41 points to Fleming this year. So they had some lapses there too.

You and I have talked a couple times and I think it is fair to say this is going to be a really good game, however, trust me, Russell's defense will bring much more to the game than East Carters.

From the Ky Post:

The write up is after the NewCath/LCA article.

Russell at Newport

Russell makes no secret of its offensive intent.

"We run the football," Russell coach Ivan McGlone said. "If we can't run the ball, we can't win.

Russell is averaging 309 rushing yards per game and passes for just 63, but Brown's ability to make plays in the air keeps defenses from stacking the box. Brown threw just 62 passes, completing 30 for 678 yards and six touchdowns with just three interceptions.

NHS BIG DADDY How does Russell's Defense compare to East Carters Defense?

I honestly don't think East Carter is anywhere close to the defensive team that Russell is. I personally felt that Fleming had the second best defense in the district. Like I posted earlier, Russell has a complete defensive squad. By that I mean they have great cover corners, a good line and solid linebackers. If they send the pressure like they did against Fleming, watch out! They can really bring the HEAT :flame: It does not matter how good your line is when they send more than they can block and get to the Qb before he can throw it!

Sorry for my actions this Friday. I was a bad representation of the Russell Fans on BGP's. Anyway I'm juiced up for the regional finals I hope the team and staff brings back the hardware. I want a fun Thanksgiving talking RED DEVIL Football just like last year's!!!!!!