• Russell by 7 or More
    • Russell by 6 or Less
    • Newport by 7 or More
    • Newport by 6 or Less

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Russell's Defense compare to East Carters Defense?

Russell's defense is far better. Bigger, faster stronger....etc.. They held East Carter to 4 first downs and around 100 total yard when they played. 2 of those 1st downs and about 60 of the yards came on the final drive with under 2 minutes to go.

On offense in that same game Russell rushed for well over 300 yards and really controlled the game. East Carter's defense was impressive because of how hard they played. Russell is in a different league.

Nobody this year has moved the ball well against Russell's starters. Not Ashland, not Fleming, not East Carter. I expect this to be a lower scoring game than most think.

Sounds like Russell's great D should be a good match-up for Newport's great O... Can't wait for this one to play out...

I think the key to the game will be the opposite. How will Newports defense handle Russell's running game. If Russell controls the clock it could be a long night.

I think Fleming moved the ball very easily against Russell, just too many dropped balls and the two interceptions killed Fleming. Other than that I think that game is a different ball game. I believe you can't go off of scores from the games before. Really its just who is the better team on Friday night. Thats all you can really go on.

I think Fleming moved the ball very easily against Russell, just too many dropped balls and the two interceptions killed Fleming. Other than that I think that game is a different ball game. I believe you can't go off of scores from the games before. Really its just who is the better team on Friday night. Thats all you can really go on.

Fleming didnt really move the ball in the 2nd half against Russell we shut them down we made some adjustments at half.

He asked for a East Carter/Russell comparison so that is what I did.

Fleming moved the ball in the first half, but not easily. In the second half they were shut down. Russell brought more pressure that led to the interceptions. Fleming's last score and most of the yards came on a 70 yard pass after the starters had been pulled.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I watched the film and its real hard to see Russell's numbers so I didn't know if it was their ones or twos.

Your quite welcome. I believe there were alot of threes in there on that play.

East Carter's strength was there defense and there offense sputtered often. I'm not sure what happened against you guys, but that was there strength. But they also gave up 41 points to Fleming this year. So they had some lapses there too.

You and I have talked a couple times and I think it is fair to say this is going to be a really good game, however, trust me, Russell's defense will bring much more to the game than East Carters.

From the times we have talked I can tell you definently know your football so I believe you bout the defense. I knew that your boys would have a tough D they always do, I just didnt know how much better it was than EC's.

I also believe it will be a good game, and in all honesty I think you guys prolly have the edge, but I just hope our boys can come out and play the best they have all year cuz thats what its gonna take to win this one. Should be a cold and kinda sloppy one tomorrow night.

at last count it would appear that the fan total will be around 850 traveling this weekend. With the parents of the kids, boosters and other fans we have played in our district so far. I know that it is strange but I did the same when Ashland won state. I traveled to watch them play. Okay allyou EK sports fans if you dont have anything to do this Friday, come out and support high school football. Cheer for the Devils if ya like too. It will be a good game.

Hey everyone bring those noise makers to the game, Normans Long horn and that CAMO Moose caller thing. See ya tomorrow at the game.

I also believe it will be a good game, and in all honesty I think you guys prolly have the edge.

I don't know if anyone travels into northern Kentucky and has an edge. Playing there is the part that worries me most about this game. If this game is at Russell, I think Russell by a TD or 2. But there? I think it really tightens things up.

I don't know if anyone travels into northern Kentucky and has an edge. Playing there is the part that worries me most about this game. If this game is at Russell, I think Russell by a TD or 2. But there? I think it really tightens things up.

I just think you guys have more experience when it comes this type of big game where as our kids dont. Its been since 96 or 98 since we have been to a regional final and Russell seems to be there most years lately so its nothin new to those boys as our guys havent been in a game of this caliber yet. Thats what worries me.

at last count it would appear that the fan total will be around 850 traveling this weekend. With the parents of the kids, boosters and other fans we have played in our district so far. I know that it is strange but I did the same when Ashland won state. I traveled to watch them play. Okay allyou EK sports fans if you dont have anything to do this Friday, come out and support high school football. Cheer for the Devils if ya like too. It will be a good game.

Hey everyone bring those noise makers to the game, Normans Long horn and that CAMO Moose caller thing. See ya tomorrow at the game.

There is a possibility that I will have to travel over that way (by Newport Stadium) tomorrow morning. If so, I will give you an update on the field conditions.

Also if you are not from NKY and it looks like there is no parking left under the I-471 bridge (where most the parking is) go to the end of that road.

On the left will be a library. Don't park in their lot. On the right will be a Donatos Pizza. Don't park in their lot. Behind the Donatos pizza there will be a lot for a Sav-A-Lot and a Big-Lots. Park in the outer part away from the stores and no one will care. You will have about a 300 yard walk to the field.