Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 2010/2011

Featured Replies

Holmes is a 5 or 6-A High School and Beechwood is a 1-A High School so Beechwood doesn't have the same draw of athletes to choose from. I think you will find those three Fangman, Voeke and Nussbaum as athletic as any 3 kids from any High School around. Before you say anymore, wait until you see them play this year. Nussbaum (6'1")and Voeke (6')are coming from Football so it will take them a week or two to get their basketball legs. Fangman (6' 3") has worked all summer on his strength and conditioning and it shows big time. I do admit I haven't seen Holmes play this year! I guess we will find out soon enough.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen Nussbaum since 5th grade and Vocke since his frosh year. Fangman i have not seen and i agree they are athletic but at a different level then the Holmes kids. Best of luck to them.

The tigers struggled breaking Fleming's press the first half. Tiger's dominated the second half as Fangman scored 20 of his 30 points in the second half. Tiger's were without Nussbaum Cruise and Voeke. I believe that Nussbaum, Cruise and Voeke will be 3 of their 5 starters with Fangman and Maus.

 

Starting 5 IMO Nuss, Fangman, Cruise, McKenzie and Maus...

Word has it that Vocke has quit to focus on football not sure if thats true or not

There is a ton of talent still walking the halls of Beechwood, like Taylor Smith and another is Mitch Kresser who quit after his freshmen year. I think he could help out at the guard spot with Vocke quitting.

Word has it that Vocke has quit to focus on football not sure if thats true or not

 

If Vocke isn't going to play basketball, he should play baseball. I have heard more than one person say that is his best sport and he has very high potential in baseball if he pursues it.

Rumor has it that Brett Eyckmans has joined the team. If thats true thats another big body for the tigers.

If Vocke isn't going to play basketball, he should play baseball. I have heard more than one person say that is his best sport and he has very high potential in baseball if he pursues it.

Im pretty sure Vocke will run track this year.

So is Vocke playing hoops or not?

So is Vocke playing hoops or not?

 

Nope ....

If Cameron decides to run track ... it will be a great decision. The Boys Track team will be absolutely loaded this year.

Cameron is not playing basketball! He is focusing on football/track. It is too bad he didn't stick it out with basketball, he would have given the Tigers some great depth in the back court. In my opinion he let his team mates down!

Cameron is not playing basketball! He is focusing on football/track. It is too bad he didn't stick it out with basketball, he would have given the Tigers some great depth in the back court. In my opinion he let his team mates down!

 

I understand your point. However, you are talking about someone who wants to play football at the next level--and is willing to whatever is necessary to get there.

 

I find it a little disengenuous that anyone would question the decision when he was bascially playing Reserve ball. (I am sure he would see time on the varsity level). I am not real sure why he is letting his team mates down--when he would have been sitting the bench or getting minimal playing time.... but whatever. There is no other time in this kids life where he has "let his team mates down". With that in mind--I think that the right move would be to realize that he made a decision that was best for him (for once). He is as unselfish as they come .. and should have to hear about stuff like that.

 

From my point of view, there are times when you have to make tough decisions in life. He made one--which from his point of view--was in the best interest of his future. I happen to agree with him. Cameron will do VERY WELL in track--and he works extremely hard in the weightroom at all times.

I don't think he let anyone down. It seems as if Cameron is focusing on a future in Football and running Track will help him achieve that. I wish him the best of luck!

Nope ....

If Cameron decides to run track ... it will be a great decision. The Boys Track team will be absolutely loaded this year.

 

QS, please don't take this as a derogatory question. It's good to see that you believe the track team will be loaded. Can you give us names of the boys who will make it so good? I would think that the boys will not be able to play baseball and track. Are there boys giving up on baseball to run track? I guess that is two questions.

QS, please don't take this as a derogatory question. It's good to see that you believe the track team will be loaded. Can you give us names of the boys who will make it so good? I would think that the boys will not be able to play baseball and track. Are there boys giving up on baseball to run track? I guess that is two questions.

 

Good question actually ... no derogatory intent felt on this end for sure.

 

Boys that will make it so good = Vocke, Everett, Erdman, Brennan, Cardosi, Bradley, Cruse, Mescher, T. Davis to name a few (and there are a boatload of others as well--those listed will be standouts). I know of another name that could be on this list who may/may not play baseball this year (as far as I know--that decision was made before track came into the picture--which is my understanding anyway. In other words .. it won't be a decision to dump one over the other. Not to mention ... anything could still happen at this point. But I have to admit--the boys track program will be in great shape with that one-IF it happens). There are also some very talented kids at Beechwood (who are not football players or baseball players) who will find their niche with track). By the time that you spread that talent out between sprints, mid distance, throws and the horizontal/vertical jumps ... I would suspect that the boys team will have a great start. (Combined with the talent in the girls program = bad news for everyone else).

 

I don't know of any other baseball player who would consider giving up baseball for track ... and quite frankly ... I hope it doesn't come to that anyway. There are more than enough athletes on that list to get the program started.

 

At the end of the day ... Coach Myeroff has his system in place ... and I don't think that anyone wants to mess with what he has going on--he is respected greatly by the track coaching staff and that won't change. Kids who are committed to baseball have not even been approached for track out of respect for the coaches and players who have worked hard to build the baseball program. That won't change.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.