Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 2010/2011

Featured Replies

I know Beechwood was without a player or two, but they got smoked by St Henry tonight.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Beechwood was without a player or two, but they got smoked by St Henry tonight.

 

More like four.......

The Louisville courier journal coaches poll did not show any love for the tigers! No mention of any players or their team being in the top ten in the 9th.

Shumate has been extremely lucky with the players he has had in the past. I don't think he is a "great" coach, but very fortunate to have the talent he has had. I disagree with the comment that a basketball coach would tell a kid to give up other sports. It happened to one of my best friends at BW. He was told to give up what he was doing over the summer and concentrate on showing up at basketball if he wanted any playing time. Unfortunately, he listened to the coach and regrets having done so!

 

Quick check of KHSAA shows Shumate is 58-26 (.690) in his three years at BW. I wouldn't mind having his luck. I have seen guys do a lot worse with a lot better talent.

Beechwood played yesterday in the KY Bank 16th region challenge at the Rowan Co High Schoool and beat a good Fleming Co team very handily. Beechwood looks to be a good team this year.

^Who played well for the Tigers? Sounds like coach Shu has the boys ready for another good season.

Beechwood played yesterday in the KY Bank 16th region challenge at the Rowan Co High Schoool and beat a good Fleming Co team very handily. Beechwood looks to be a good team this year.

 

The football players (that will play) did not travel with the team to Rowan saturday....Now that football is over expect the tigers to get alot stronger and inside and out.

With the football players still out I don't think anyone can make an intelligent eval on BW until mid-January at best.

I think you have seriously over estimated Holmes this year. I think Voeke, Nussbaum and Fangman are as athletic as anyone on Holmes team. Having them in the back court, Beechwood will have more than enough skill and athleticism to break Holmes press. However they must have 2 of the 3 on the floor at all times. If only one is out there I would agree Beechwood will struggle with ball handling against Holmes.

I think a few of you are seriously over-estimating Beechwood this year.

 

They will be solid with Maus, Nussbaum, and Fangman, but solid is as far as I'd go with this group. They'll dominate DIII but finish 0-3 in the district and have another first round exit in the district tournament.

 

Covcath will be too big for the Tigers and Thelen will abuse them down low as the Tigers have no real post presence at either end of the floor.

 

Holmes will run and press them to death and show the Tiger's youth. Beechwood simply doesn't have the athleticism to run with Holmes for 4 quarters and I don't think their guards are good enough to break Holmes' press enough to outscore the Dogs.

 

Holy Cross returns everyone but one player from a team that beat the Tigers at Beechwood last year. Add Christian McClendon to the mix of players for the Indians and it's easy to see that Beechwood will struggle in the district this year.

 

Beechwood is a year or two away from having another team that will compete with the bigger schools in nky....IMO, of course.

Edited by Allen
spelling

I think you have seriously over estimated Holmes this year. I think Nussbaum and Fangman are as athletic as anyone on Holmes team. s.

 

I think if you said "talented" or "better shooters" you might have an argument but that tandem would not win the "athletic" contest.

The tigers struggled breaking Fleming's press the first half. Tiger's dominated the second half as Fangman scored 20 of his 30 points in the second half. Tiger's were without Nussbaum Cruise and Voeke. I believe that Nussbaum, Cruise and Voeke will be 3 of their 5 starters with Fangman and Maus.

The football players (that will play) did not travel with the team to Rowan saturday....Now that football is over expect the tigers to get alot stronger and inside and out.
I think you have seriously over estimated Holmes this year.

 

I think you will be in trouble if you under estimate Holmes.

I think you will be in trouble if you under estimate Holmes.

 

I agree, after what Holmes did against Scott Co in the scrimmage and with Booher's all over the court craziness, there really is no team in their district who can handle that kind of pressure including Beechwood. The Tigers better focus on winning their conference and hoping for a good seeding in the District. They will have a nice team and nice mix of sophs/Jr's and Fangman the Sr.

Shumate has been extremely lucky with the players he has had in the past. I don't think he is a "great" coach, but very fortunate to have the talent he has had. I disagree with the comment that a basketball coach would tell a kid to give up other sports. It happened to one of my best friends at BW. He was told to give up what he was doing over the summer and concentrate on showing up at basketball if he wanted any playing time. Unfortunately, he listened to the coach and regrets having done so!

 

TR ... I disagree completely that Shumate has been lucky with players. Make no mistake about it, he is a very good coach. He has the Tiger basketball program experiencing as much success as it ever has and he is doing it year after year with different players leading the way each year. I would rank Shumate among the top coaches in the area.

 

I agree completely with your comment about using basketball playing time as leverage over high school kids to get them to quit other sports. Thank you for confirming what I said above. That is just anti Beechwood. A small school needs to share the talent. All the other coaches have no problem sharing talent and even encourage the players to play other sports. That is my only bone to pick with coach.

 

I am looking forward to another excellent season for the Tigers under Coach Shumate!

I think if you said "talented" or "better shooters" you might have an argument but that tandem would not win the "athletic" contest.

 

Fangman is more athletic than you think and Nussbaum is one of the top athletes in N. Ky. You should have seen Nussbaum hurdle over a Mayfield tackler last Friday night at full speed on his way to a 40 yard run. Wow! I see your point because Holmes has athletes but don't underestimate those two.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.