12-0 Boise and No BCS Invite?

Clyde

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kraft "Fight Hunger Bowl"............are you kidding me? What a slap in the face. If this does indeed come to fruition, then the system is badly broken and this just might be the straw that breaks the BCS's back and forces changes with college football. This would be a mockery imo.

The Kraft "Fight Hunger Bowl"............are you kidding me? What a slap in the face. If this does indeed come to fruition, then the system is badly broken and this just might be the straw that breaks the BCS's back and forces changes with college football. This would be a mockery imo.

The idea of a computer program picking who competes in a championship game is a mockery.

Like i said many times before big time college football needs a 8 or 16 team playoff. Don't know if Boise State best team or not but everytime they have played with the big boys they have won or held their own. Until we have a playoff we will never know who best team really is.

I would love to see this. Outside of the BEast and the ACC champs ( which are AQs), they'd get beat by any of the other teams listed.

We'll see. Boise seems to always win their bowl game. I think they'd wipe the floor with Nebraska or Oklahoma. I think they beat Ohio State too, as well as TCU.

We'll see. Boise seems to always win their bowl game. I think they'd wipe the floor with Nebraska or Oklahoma. I think they beat Ohio State too, as well as TCU.

Boise State is 2-4 in their last 6 bowl games. The 2 wins were BCS wins though.

I agree totally. Could/Would they win a best of 7 series with some of their bowl opponents? Perhaps not, but this is ONE game and coach Petersen has proven that he can prepare his team as well as anybody for one game. This is why a playoff of some type is badly needed and this is what would make the playoff format very anticipated by all. Don't we all watch sports looking for "upsets"? They happen all the time. I believe in X factors such as karma and heart. Sports history has proven this to be true over and over. Scrap the BCS and let em' play!

You must agree that a system is flawed though when a 12-0 team is left out of a championship game, right??

Why should I agree to that? ANY 12-0 team? Let me put together a schedule for a very good team in the Sun Belt and I can probably get you 12-0. Filled with FCS and D2 teams.

Why should I agree to that? ANY 12-0 team? Let me put together a schedule for a very good team in the Sun Belt and I can probably get you 12-0. Filled with FCS and D2 teams.

:thumb:

Undefeated means nothing in and of itself. You have to play decent competition for it to be meaningful.

You must agree that a system is flawed though when a 12-0 team is left out of a championship game, right??

If there is only going to be a 1 game scenario for a title, then no, I do not agree with that. Now we can debate the flawed bowl system, but that is another debate. I do not feel like Boise State or TCU were more or even as deserving as Texas and Alabama last year to play for the title.

Boise State is 2-4 in their last 6 bowl games. The 2 wins were BCS wins though.

I know it's often all we have to judge on, but bowl game scores can be very misleading. First, each team has up to a month to prepare. Second, there is always a question about motivation when it comes to the postseason. For instance, Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a couple years ago. Was Utah the better team? Most would say no. But what motivation did Alabama have, knowing they had lost their chance at a national title a month earlier in losing to Florida.