12-0 Boise and No BCS Invite?

Clyde

You mean like they were able to score on the average VaTech Hokies?

In a road game in the first week of the season? Yeah, most teams are really rolling along then. And Virginia Tech is really not that bad, without the let-down game against James Madison they'd probably be in the top 10 right now. Don't let that one loss, on a short-week after having their MNC chances ended in week one cloud your judgement.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCU, sure. But Oregon? If they go undefeated they'll be much more deserving than Boise.

Really?

Team A Opponents (Strength of Schedule: 20)

#21: WON BY 3

#35: WON BY 13

#50: WON BY 43

#75: WON BY 29

#93: WON BY 45

#108: WON BY 48

#113: WON BY 59

Remaining Opponents: #24, #84, #45, #29, #98

Team B Opponents (Strength of Schedule: 45)

#14: WON BY 21

#40: WON BY 21

#64: WON BY 11

#77: WON BY 47

#91: WON BY 35

#105: WON BY 20

#148: WON BY 72

#209: WON BY 69 (1-AA Opponent)

Remaining: Opponents: #72, #56, #15, #35

Team C Opponents (Strength of Schedule: 15)

#23: WON BY 35

#35: WON BY 9

#51: WON BY 31

#61: WON BY 17

#85: WON BY 28

#92: WON BY 27

#93: WON BY 45

#114: WON BY 42

#184: WON BY 55 (1-AA Opponent)

Remaining Opponents: #5, #29, #148

Highlight below for ansswer...

Team A: BOISE STATE

Team B: OREGON

Team C: TCU

In a road game in the first week of the season? Yeah, most teams are really rolling along then. And Virginia Tech is really not that bad, without the let-down game against James Madison they'd probably be in the top 10 right now. Don't let that one loss, on a short-week after having their MNC chances ended in week one cloud your judgement.

They lost to an FCS school. I don't care when they played them, no good FBS team loses to an FCS school. VaTech is an average team, in a terrible conference.

The fact that that game is the "signature" win on Boise's schedule tells me they have no business playing for a national title.

They lost to an FCS school. I don't care when they played them, no good FBS team loses to an FCS school. VaTech is an average team, in a terrible conference.

The fact that that game is the "signature" win on Boise's schedule tells me they have no business playing for a national title.

It was a horrible, horrible loss. But it doesn't mean that VT is not a talented and good team. This stuff happens in basketball all the time at the college level, though teams like James Madison are still D1, but its the same stuff.

Who is Oregon's signature win? Stanford, I would guess. Are you telling me that they are that much better than VT? I don't buy it.

Who is Alabama's? Auburns? TCUs? Oklahoma's? Nebraska's?

Now some of these teams play alot tougher schedule than Boise to the naked eye, but don't act like their win over VT (basically @ VT) is not as good as Oregon's win over Stanford home, Auburn's win over SC, Bama's win over UF, Oklahoma's win over FSU. If I'm not mistaken each of those teams "signature win" was at home to boot.