Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who wins the 1A Championship?

Who is your pick to win the 1A title? 112 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your pick to win the 1A title?

    • Mayfield
      42%
      48
    • Hazard
      6%
      7
    • Louisville Holy Cross
      6%
      7
    • Beechwood
      37%
      42
    • Frankfort
      2%
      3
    • Lexington Christian
      1%
      2
    • Fairview
      0%
      0
    • Crittenden County
      0%
      1
    • Raceland
      1%
      2
    • Ky. Country Day
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

See the poll, place your vote and then back up your vote in the thread. I am listing the teams in the poll in the same order they are are currently ranked on BGP.

 

Mayfield has been #1 all year but Hazard is 10-0 and blowing teams away week after week. Louisville Holy Cross has been top 3 in the polls all year. Then you have the perennial contenders in Beechwood, Frankfort, Lexington Christian, Crittenden County and Raceland. Rounding out the top ten you have Fairview and Ky. Country Day.

 

So who are you picking in 1A?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Mayfield, but the Cardinals will have to make some tough road trips, possibly to Holy Cross and Beechwood, just to get to the state finals. I will be very surprised if Hazard doesn't come out of the east.

Mayfield, veteran team with talent all over the field. They can throw to about 6 good recievers or line up and run the power game. Defense is solid

Mayfield. Senior QB and they played in it last year, albeit in a losing effort.

  • Author
Mayfield, veteran team with talent all over the field. They can throw to about 6 good recievers or line up and run the power game. Defense is solid

 

How many seniors are starting for Mayfield?

I took Mayfield, but the Cardinals will have to make some tough road trips, possibly to Holy Cross and Beechwood, just to get to the state finals. I will be very surprised if Hazard doesn't come out of the east.

 

Hazard has a good shot at coming out of the east. However Pikeville is much improved from last year and would get Hazard at Pikeville in the regional championship game. The winner of that game would have to beat LCA/Fairview/Raceland for the trip to the finals. No easy task.

Hazard has a good shot at coming out of the east. However Pikeville is much improved from last year and would get Hazard at Pikeville in the regional championship game. The winner of that game would have to beat LCA/Fairview/Raceland for the trip to the finals. No easy task.
There are very few easy tasks in the playoffs, but I suspect that Mayfield would trade their road for Hazard's in a heartbeat.

 

Does anybody really think that Pikeville poses much of a challenge to Hazard?

How many seniors are starting for Mayfield?
About seven on offense and around five on defense.
  • Author
There are very few easy tasks in the playoffs, but I suspect that Mayfield would trade their road for Hazard's in a heartbeat.

 

Does anybody really think that Pikeville poses much of a challenge to Hazard?

 

Pikeville vs. Hazard is no contest. LCA is the biggest challenge for Hazard. I don't think anyone else in the east has a chance against Hazard.

Pikeville vs. Hazard is no contest. LCA is the biggest challenge for Hazard. I don't think anyone else in the east has a chance against Hazard.

 

agreed

Paris :idunno:

 

If the state championship went solely on desire,pride and playing hard bc you love football the Paris Greyhounds would not be challenged by anyone. That situation at Paris is a disgrace, the kids are the ones being hurt by adult power struggles within their own school system. I don't think that it is anything to joke about if thats what your post was meant for.

I voted Mayfield, they will have to survive a possible very tough road trip but at this time of the year most if not all teams have that.

I believe Mayfield is the best team in class 1A. However, it will be a tough road and I think without a doubt that the winner will be one of 3 teams, Mayfield, Beechwood or Hazard.

emperorhasnoclothes[/b];3945291]Paris :idunno:

 

I pick the school that your a fan of emperor!!! I got to believe by saying that. That you must be a fan of a #1 team in the great state of KENTUCKY!! Other wise you have no reason for putting this team down or making fun of them.. This team plays hard every down. They will fight you till the end. This team has had a hard enough time this year! So please don't go kicking them while they are down. Now what team are you a fan of? Just wondering!! They must at least be the district champs this year!!! Right!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.