Owensboro Catholic @ Ft. Campbell predictions

buffalo kid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might make a difference - a huge difference - in the game. From the KY New Era:

"Micah Johnson, their 6-foot-5 running back, ran for 194 yards and five touchdowns on 12 carries and Tim Atcher ran 15 times for 129 yards.

"We just couldn't tackle him," said Caldwell's coach Pat Gates. Johnson ran for 143 yards in the first half. He didn't play all of the second half after he injured his hamstring."

Methinks this will be watched pretty close as gameday approaches.

Sounds to me like this may be Ocatholics do or die year...from what everyone is saying, this is alot better team than in 03 and 04, so, with 2a being somewhat down on the east side, i'd think they were the ones with all the pressure...

Who said its down on the East Side?

Me...in the past 3 years at least 5 of the top 10 ranked teams have been from the east..between Belfry, Breathitt, Russell, Prestonsburg, Middlesboro.. This year only Belfry and Russell have been in the top 10 consistently and they're still pretty good teams, but, imo, the better teams are in the west this year...

Sounds to me like this may be Ocatholics do or die year...from what everyone is saying, this is alot better team than in 03 and 04, so, with 2a being somewhat down on the east side, i'd think they were the ones with all the pressure...

Don't think so Jack, 03 & 04 had all the expectations with Barnard and Co. This year was just a big question mark. They just happened to turn out a VERY solid ball club in all phases. FC is ranked #1 with all the D1 prospects not us.....

I am, too. Breathitt and Prestonsburg are down, and no one has stepped into the breach except maybe Newport. The mountains appear way down. For the first time in a while, the north-northeast region looks stronger than the mountain region.

Owensboro Catholic was unbeaten and ranked #1 almost all season in 2003 ... they were as good or better than any team in 2A that year. They just didn't get it done in the semifinals.

I don't see that this group of Aces is as good as that bunch.

That being said, I think Owensboro Catholic has a shot at Fort Campbell, but they will have to keep the score down. Assuming Micah Johnson is healthy, I have a hard time seeing the Aces putting a lot of points on the board.

The interesting thing is Johnson's injury. If he's not 100 percent, he needs to probably play mostly on the defensive side of the ball. Fort Campbell has plenty of offensive weapons aside from Johnson (Atcher, Nunn, Robinson, Gordon) and there have been times this year that I thought the Falcons needed to lessen Johnson's workload in the running game. He is the franchise on defense, and needs to stay healthy and fresh for that side of the ball.

This might make a difference - a huge difference - in the game. From the KY New Era:

"Micah Johnson, their 6-foot-5 running back, ran for 194 yards and five touchdowns on 12 carries and Tim Atcher ran 15 times for 129 yards.

"We just couldn't tackle him," said Caldwell's coach Pat Gates. Johnson ran for 143 yards in the first half. He didn't play all of the second half after he injured his hamstring."

Methinks this will be watched pretty close as gameday approaches.

Why would he be playing much anyway in the second half of a blowout game?