Conner 27 Boone County 21

Clyde

Great win for the Cougars. Boone brought out all the stops. They scheduled their Homecoming, they honored their 9th region champion baseball team as well as their 9th region champion girls basketball team. Conner just outplayed them from start to finish. Boone County is just not a very good football team, what else can you say. Conner should have won this one by 2 TD's. The officials made a horrible call when Conner was on Boone's 2 and the down marker went from 2 to 4. The officiating crew should be suspended, period. That mistake was one of the worst mistakes that I have ever seen in all of sports. Good for Conner, they beat Boone and also beat the refs.

Looked like Boone pulled their QB late in the game for a kid that could throw it deep. That did not work out so well. Boone really needs to miss the playoffs and do some serious analyzing of their football program. They are staying in 6A where they will continue to struggle badly, while Conner will be moving to 5A where they belong based upon their enrollment and will thrive. I really think Boone needs to replace their entire coaching staff and start from scratch. It's that bad.

I know Scott Count and Henry Clay aren't what they've been in the past but how in the world did they beat those two teams?

I was thinking the same didn't one of those teams make the top ten this week in 6A, and isn't the other one a predominently strong team......

I was thinking the same didn't one of those teams make the top ten this week in 6A, and isn't the other one a predominently strong team......

They don't look like the same team at all, especially defensively. They can't stop the pass, and all the teams Boone has played have good passing games. Their offensive is struggling too. Bad field position, no passing game, no blocking. It's sad.

Congratulations Conner. To have barely beaten Boone in a come from behind win had to be exciting but it also had be disappointing to barely beat a team that's as bad as RE says they are. I guess a win is a win.

Barely? Were you at the game? Also helps when you are getting downs taken away from you inside your opponents 5. But, you are right, a win is a win. Wins are never disappointing.

Great win for the Cougars. Boone brought out all the stops. They scheduled their Homecoming, they honored their 9th region champion baseball team as well as their 9th region champion girls basketball team. Conner just outplayed them from start to finish. Boone County is just not a very good football team, what else can you say. Conner should have won this one by 2 TD's. The officials made a horrible call when Conner was on Boone's 2 and the down marker went from 2 to 4. The officiating crew should be suspended, period. That mistake was one of the worst mistakes that I have ever seen in all of sports. Good for Conner, they beat Boone and also beat the refs.

Looked like Boone pulled their QB late in the game for a kid that could throw it deep. That did not work out so well. Boone really needs to miss the playoffs and do some serious analyzing of their football program. They are staying in 6A where they will continue to struggle badly, while Conner will be moving to 5A where they belong based upon their enrollment and will thrive. I really think Boone needs to replace their entire coaching staff and start from scratch. It's that bad.

I just don't see it happening, it seems like there's a sense of pride that will keep them from doing that and I'm not exactly sure why.