Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier New Nike Uniforms

Featured Replies

I like the look, it's very clean and not too busy like many uniforms today. I wonder what the Navy and Silver look like?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like X, but I think that's a little overzealous.

 

X has 3 commitments thus far for 2011, the highest of which is #66 (on Rivals).

 

For this year (2010), X has 4 commitments. 1 4-star & 3 3-stars.

 

I do agree that X has, for the most part, grown out of the NKY talent range.

 

A kid who is top 5 to top 10 has X as one of his finalists. Rare but it backs up my point.

A kid who is top 5 to top 10 has X as one of his finalists. Rare but it backs up my point.

 

Land one, and you can go there. X is recruiting like a major program, but they are in the 50 to 100 range until proven otherwise. No way around it...

Land one, and you can go there. X is recruiting like a major program, but they are in the 50 to 100 range until proven otherwise. No way around it...

 

Doesn't one of the services have an incoming player in the 35 range? 60 in another? They're going after top players and getting interest. They're not recruiting "maybe " kids.

 

Regardless, they're not recruiting any Camels, Cougars, Colonels, Bulldogs, etc from NKY. I'll go out on a limb and say UC isn't either.

Regardless, they're not recruiting any Camels, Cougars, Colonels, Bulldogs, etc from NKY. I'll go out on a limb and say UC isn't either.

 

We agree there...

I like them. Sharp.

:clap::notworthy:Woo, I think they look good, very sharp, clean look. I give them an A plus.

I think the young man in question if he grows to 6'6 might get some interest. He is legit and likely the best of 2013 class in NKY. I would have him as a statewide Top 5 also. Whether or not that gets a visit from Mack I don't know. X is definitely the specialists when it comes to 50-100. I even heard they are on Rodney Purvis' list along with UK, UNC,etc.

I think the young man in question if he grows to 6'6 might get some interest. He is legit and likely the best of 2013 class in NKY. I would have him as a statewide Top 5 also. Whether or not that gets a visit from Mack I don't know. X is definitely the specialists when it comes to 50-100. I even heard they are on Rodney Purvis' list along with UK, UNC,etc.

 

X just got commits from two top 30 guys. We're setting this kid up for disappointment if we perpetuate the myth that X will recruit him. Let him play high school ball, have success, and see what his options are. At 6'6 he's going to be competing with kids that are top 100 players. Heck, NKU doesn't sign many local kids. We think X will?

X just got commits from two top 30 guys.

 

Chandler isn't a top 30 recruit, but you already know that...

Chandler isn't a top 30 recruit, but you already know that...

 

ESPN has him at 27, right?

ESPN has him at 27, right?

 

The ESPN Rankings are awful so I don't even look at them. Rivals #47 and Scout #50...

The ESPN Rankings are awful so I don't even look at them. Rivals #47 and Scout #50...

 

So who ranks the ranking systems? How does one know which is good and which isn't? Is there much difference in 30 and 47? Are we nitpicking here? Can we agree the kid is one of the top big men in the country?

So who ranks the ranking systems? How does one know which is good and which isn't? Is there much difference in 30 and 47? Are we nitpicking here? Can we agree the kid is one of the top big men in the country?

 

ESPN had John Wall ranked #5 last year. I'll grant that I'm a UK guy, but anybody could tell you that he was the cream of last year's crop.

 

Most people do hold Rivals & Scout up as the top two recruiting services, as they specialize in it. With ESPN, it's just a small part of a huge sports monster.

ESPN had John Wall ranked #5 last year. I'll grant that I'm a UK guy, but anybody could tell you that he was the cream of last year's crop.

 

Most people do hold Rivals & Scout up as the top two recruiting services, as they specialize in it. With ESPN, it's just a small part of a huge sports monster.

 

So some feel ESPN was off by 4 slots on Wall? Is that really that far off?

 

Regardless, my point is that we are setting a local kid up for disappointment if we're filling his head with X recruiting him when they are clearly focusing on top 50 to top 100 players. We can quibble over which ranking system is best but it doesn't change the point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.