Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier New Nike Uniforms

Featured Replies

I know that Xavier does not get much play here on BGP. But, I am an alum and love my Musketeer basketball. They are now one of 6 non-BCS schools to have the highest Nike contract.

 

Here are some pics. Love the big X on the shorts.

Tu-Holloway1.jpg

Brad-Redford.jpg

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like all the new uniforms I like them but the shorts are usually just crazy long.

Until my friend started working with X I wasn't aware of how highly Nike thought of them. I wasn't aware of the different levels of support that Nike gives and was suprised that X was at the top level.

I know that Xavier does not get much play here on BGP. But, I am an alum and love my Musketeer basketball. They are now one of 6 non-BCS schools to have the highest Nike contract.

 

Here are some pics. Love the big X on the shorts.

 

Are they holding a #43?

Like all the new uniforms I like them but the shorts are usually just crazy long.

 

 

Look more like Skorts to me.

  • Author
Are they holding a #43?

 

We shall see:thumb:

 

I am hoping we see a NKY kid playing for X again soon.

We shall see:thumb:

 

I am hoping we see a NKY kid playing for X again soon.

 

I hope you don't mean anytime soon. There are no NKY players in high school now that would make their radar unless I'm completely forgetting someone.

  • Author
I hope you don't mean anytime soon. There are no NKY players in high school now that would make their radar unless I'm completely forgetting someone.

 

I think there are a couple 2013/2014 kids who may be on their radar.

Dayton got the new Nike uniforms last year. The shorts are six inches of length and some gold sequins away from Hammer Pants.

 

mc-hammer.jpg?w=300&h=300

I think there are a couple 2013/2014 kids who may be on their radar.

 

9th and 10th graders? I guess it depends on how you define being on the radar.

 

This isn't the X of the 70s and 80s that went after good local kids because that's who they had to go after. They're in on top 20 to 50 players now. A "good" NKY kid isn't going to get any interest from X. There are no current players in grades 9 through 12 that X has any legit interest in. Heck, there aren't many that NKU has interest in.

  • Author
9th and 10th graders? I guess it depends on how you define being on the radar.

 

This isn't the X of the 70s and 80s that went after good local kids because that's who they had to go after. They're in on top 20 to 50 players now. A "good" NKY kid isn't going to get any interest from X. There are no current players in grades 9 through 12 that X has any legit interest in. Heck, there aren't many that NKU has interest in.

 

We shall just have to wait and see. NKY has 2-3 kids with D1 potential. Of course, development and dedication are needed to take that potential forward.

.

 

This isn't the X of the 70s and 80s that went after good local kids because that's who they had to go after. They're in on top 20 to 50 players now.

 

I like X, but I think that's a little overzealous.

 

X has 3 commitments thus far for 2011, the highest of which is #66 (on Rivals).

 

For this year (2010), X has 4 commitments. 1 4-star & 3 3-stars.

 

I do agree that X has, for the most part, grown out of the NKY talent range.

9th and 10th graders? I guess it depends on how you define being on the radar.

 

This isn't the X of the 70s and 80s that went after good local kids because that's who they had to go after. They're in on top 20 to 50 players now. A "good" NKY kid isn't going to get any interest from X. There are no current players in grades 9 through 12 that X has any legit interest in. Heck, there aren't many that NKU has interest in.

 

I would think if UD has interest, X will show their interest at some point.

I would think if UD has interest, X will show their interest at some point.

 

Again, define "show interest."

 

When the coach shows up at the house, call me. Until then let's keep expectations realistic.

 

If Ricardo can't get an offer from X then no one currently playing in NKY is going to get one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.