The Real View of Northern Kentucky Football

Keep It Real

Lets just see what happens in the rest of the season!

I am a firm believer in what is going on at the moment at CovCath. If 2011, 2012 and 2013 aren't what I think they will be, than yes I will be disappointed but I am a CovCath fan and as long as our young men give a great effort on the field I am happy.

BTW I would be much more concerned if these young men preform well on the field but didn't in the classroom! Getting an great education is much more important that winning a football game and I said the same thing in 06 when they won too!

Fair enough..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good points Real, and stated to be conducent to an actual discussion of NKY football, not the normal "My team is better" stuff. I am excited to hear what comes from this thread and I hope members can give some real, well thought out information.

I don't get to see a lot of NKY football, but from the highlight films of teams I really don't see the difference that they are better. I personally don't see that their NKY schools have super football athletes that us downstate schools do not have!!! Just My Opinion of course, not that it matters to anyone!!!

19 posts and not a hint of a Highlands fan. Just kidding.

I think the overall quality of NKY football is outstanding. Each and every year, it seems we have multiple representatives in the state finals. NKY has won its share. I would not expect this year to be any different. The "Real View of NKY football" will be determined in the playoffs by how may teams advance in the first and second round.

KIR has a good feel for most of the teams he mentioned. Several will disappoint or underachieve (Ryle, Cov Cath, Dixie...) I will hold off judgement to see how they do in the playoffs. After all, there is only one champion (per class, that is).

Funny but in mentioning CovCath with your comment of "rarely, even on there good years, a legit state contender"...

You do realize that CovCath owns six state football Championship Trophies!

Hence the word "rarely" in my statement. Yes, I'm aware of CCs past history. Solid program, albeit, not what it used to be, which can be said about alot of schools.

BTW I would be much more concerned if these young men preform well on the field but didn't in the classroom! Getting an great education is much more important that winning a football game and I said the same thing in 06 when they won too!

As a long time lurker on this board I know that you're a big cheerleader for your Colonels. However, Highlands players are getting great educations and they're still elite. You can do both. Has the Colonels program settled?

As a long time lurker on this board I know that you're a big cheerleader for your Colonels. However, Highlands players are getting great educations and they're still elite. You can do both. Has the Colonels program settled?

Just out of curiosity, How many teams in NKY have you watched play this year in person? Also, what games have you attended?

Well, based on those comments and game results, the people in Lexington would have to say N. Ky. football is real good ... at least this year. Right? Plus Holmes seems to be doing pretty well against Central Ky. competition since they got out of their N. Ky. district.

Maybe, I just don't give any credence to fans' opinions when it is in regards to a rather disappointing football town. Particularly 6A.

Just out of curiosity, How many teams in NKY have you watched play this year in person? Also, what games have you attended?

I knew the old argument of "you ain't seen them so you don't know" would pop up quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Hey Keep it real, how can u say the rest of 1a is bad? Mayfield is undefeated, returns 15 starters, has beat 3rd ranked Paducah Tilghman of 3a, and rarely has to play its starters over a half as of yet, outside of the PT game! They are not as explosive as last years team but they are VERY solid on defense and defense wins titles. I dont know how they might fare against Louisville Holy Cross, Beechwood, HAazard, or Lexongton Christian but Mayfield is a very solid team this year!

Hey Keep it real, how can u say the rest of 1a is bad? Mayfield is undefeated, returns 15 starters, has beat 3rd ranked Paducah Tilghman of 3a, and rarely has to play its starters over a half as of yet, outside of the PT game! They are not as explosive as last years team but they are VERY solid on defense and defense wins titles. I dont know how they might fare against Louisville Holy Cross, Beechwood, HAazard, or Lexongton Christian but Mayfield is a very solid team this year!

I could be wrong, but I think he (or she!) is just referring to Northern Kentucky teams.

My geography is really bad, I didn't even know Mayfield was in Northern Kentucky.