Programs that are more Bark than Bite?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am asking what programs seem to think they are a contender over the last few years but never really get it done.

To me teams that come to mind:

Ryle

Simon Kenton

Johnson Central

I wouldn't call Johnson Central more bark than bite. They have been legit the last couple of years. They took Highlands to the wire I think which only a handful of teams in KY could do. They might not be state champs but they have a good thing going on there.

I am asking what programs seem to think they are a contender over the last few years but never really get it done.

To me teams that come to mind:

Ryle

Simon Kenton

Johnson Central

It's hard to throw Ryle & SK under the bus or any team from 6A for that matter for "not getting it done" when the last time a public school won the large school state championship was Nelson County in 1996. If this is the measuring stick then no school other than Nelson County has gotten it done in the past couple decades.

I wouldn't call Johnson Central more bark than bite. They have been legit the last couple of years. They took Highlands to the wire I think which only a handful of teams in KY could do. They might not be state champs but they have a good thing going on there.

Define "taking to the wire?" Maybe some Bluebird fans can help on this but if memory serves the scores the last 2 years were big in Highlands favor when they pulled their starters. JC scored late in both games with starters vs. reserves to make the scores appear close. I'm with Skilld-Kid on that one. They've been more bark than bite in the final analysis.