Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Programs that are more Bark than Bite?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the true answer to this, so how about everyone just agrees to smile to themselves and nod their head?

We all know the true answer to this, so how about everyone just agrees to smile to themselves and nod their head?

 

:lol:

 

Very subtle...

Are we basing this on what the actual program believes or what the program's fan(s) believe?

  • Author

I am asking what programs seem to think they are a contender over the last few years but never really get it done.

 

To me teams that come to mind:

 

Ryle

Simon Kenton

Johnson Central

:lol:

 

Very subtle...

 

Haha, that may actually be the first time in my life that anything I've ever said or done was described as "subtle". :p

I am asking what programs seem to think they are a contender over the last few years but never really get it done.

 

To me teams that come to mind:

 

Ryle

Simon Kenton

Johnson Central

 

I wouldn't call Johnson Central more bark than bite. They have been legit the last couple of years. They took Highlands to the wire I think which only a handful of teams in KY could do. They might not be state champs but they have a good thing going on there.

I am asking what programs seem to think they are a contender over the last few years but never really get it done.

 

To me teams that come to mind:

 

Ryle

Simon Kenton

Johnson Central

 

It's hard to throw Ryle & SK under the bus or any team from 6A for that matter for "not getting it done" when the last time a public school won the large school state championship was Nelson County in 1996. If this is the measuring stick then no school other than Nelson County has gotten it done in the past couple decades.

Hasn't Male won it since 96?

I wouldn't call Johnson Central more bark than bite. They have been legit the last couple of years. They took Highlands to the wire I think which only a handful of teams in KY could do. They might not be state champs but they have a good thing going on there.

 

Define "taking to the wire?" Maybe some Bluebird fans can help on this but if memory serves the scores the last 2 years were big in Highlands favor when they pulled their starters. JC scored late in both games with starters vs. reserves to make the scores appear close. I'm with Skilld-Kid on that one. They've been more bark than bite in the final analysis.

Hasn't Male won it since 96?

 

I think they won it in 2000.

Ryle, they have yet to even win a regular season district title.

Ryle, they have yet to even win a regular season district title.

 

I agree Ryle is the most overrated team!

To answer the question posed, the program would obviously have to have "dog" in its nickname.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.