Bluebird Mid Terms

A convincing win to start the season against Manual, 2 sleepers against Beechwood and Boone, a near loss to Ryle and a late rally by Withrow have alot of us wondering just how solid these Birds really are.....Are these blowout wins that result in taking the starters out sometimes not even before the half is over, disrupting the chemistry of this well oiled machine? If so, should Dale let the starters take over the 2nd half of the season and play more of the games despite the score? How does anyone reason that this team will improve dramatically for Ryle II when much of the schedule is one tomato can after another???? I still think this team is great and capable of cruising to Western again, but could they be losing some competitive steam? Only time will tell.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A near loss to Ryle??? :confused:

Closest to a loss by a KY team as far as I can remember. I think if you take away that TD with 1 second before half and Ryle doesnt fumble the first drive of 2nd half you have a game that comes down to the wire. Next game will not be easy for Birds out there that is for sure.

Progress reports came out today, is this where you got the idea Whackem LOL.

I give the Birds an A- so far. They looked a little sloppy in that Ryle game and gave up some scores to Withrow but have rallied since and are on a roll.

This week's game may be a trap game for them, they better prepare like they are going down to play a Trinity or St. X.

Closest to a loss by a KY team as far as I can remember. I think if you take away that TD with 1 second before half and Ryle doesnt fumble the first drive of 2nd half you have a game that comes down to the wire. Next game will not be easy for Birds out there that is for sure.

You call down 1 at half a near loss? Jeez.

I do agree that the next game will be tough.

I agree with you Ryche, but I think the next Ryle game will be a no doubter for the Blue team if healthy in both mind and body.

That's a lot of "ifs." Winning teams somehow find ways to win at crucial moments. While it's true that HHS made a TD as time expired in the first half of the Ryle game, and it's also true that they benefitted from an early third-quarter Ryle fumble, I have the feeling that a lot of Highlands' opponents are left saying "well, if this play had gone our way, or that play hadn't happened, we could have won."

Winners win. Sometimes by a lot and sometimes by a little, but programs like Highlands usually take care of business.

Overall grade: A

Coaching grade: A++ (when considering the talent and experience lost to graduation and some of the injuries HHS has had to contend with thus far)

That's a lot of "ifs." Winning teams somehow find ways to win at crucial moments. While it's true that HHS made a TD as time expired in the first half of the Ryle game, and it's also true that they benefitted from an early third-quarter Ryle fumble, I have the feeling that a lot of Highlands' opponents are left saying "well, if this play had gone our way, or that play hadn't happened, we could have won."

Winners win. Sometimes by a lot and sometimes by a little, but programs like Highlands usually take care of business.

Overall grade: A

Coaching grade: A++ (when considering the talent and experience lost to graduation and some of the injuries HHS has had to contend with thus far)

I can tell you this, many of the Bird faithful were in need of some major deoderant during that game.

I can tell you this, many of the Bird faithful were in need of some major deoderant during that game.

Well, if that was the case then I can't even imagine what the fans must have smelled like at the Highlands-Bryan Station playoff game in 2008. Now THAT was a close call!

Yes the Birds are rusty and it's all the fault of the coaching staff. How dare they come off an undefeated state championship season and be undefeated half way through the regular season. :rolleyes:

Some HHS fans just aren't happy if they aren't putting up 60 or 70 on teams every week.

Again, why must you spin my post? I asked a legitimate question. At no point did I accuse the staff of poor coaching or that I thought the team was weak. Try giving some constructive input for once instead of chopping up threads for your enjoyment. Try re-reading the thread and give it another go, eh?