Bishop Brossart 34 Eminence 13

StickerMann

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct score Brossart 34-13

Fun night for the Mustangs fans at Newport Stadium, as they get to watch their team play locally after three game in the far reaches of the Commonwealth.

They weren't disappointed as the Mustangs improve to 4-0.

Mustang junior QB Jessie Orth completed 14/21 passes on the night for 221 yards and five TDs. Junior Spencer Brown was the recipient of three of those touchdown connections.

1Q - 10:51 BB 32 yd pass play from Orth to Brown - PAT NG- 6-0

1Q - 6:56 E 60 yard TD Run Forree - PAT NG - 6-6

1Q - 5:54 BB 18 yd pass play from Orth to Brown - PAT Good - 13-6

1Q - TNN E 22 Yard TD Run Mitchell - PAT Good - 13-13

2Q - 11:01 BB 16 Yard Pass Orth To Enzweiler - 2PtConv Good 21-13

4Q - 8:37 BB 36 Yard Pass Orth to Enzweiler - PAT NG 27-13

4Q - TNN BB 37 Yard Pass Orth to Brown PAT Good 34-13 - FINAL

Many big plays both teams.

Brossart ntercepted two key plays and had a huge goal line stand early on in the 3rd Quarter.

Will open district play next Saturday night vs Ludlow.

Congrats to our Junior High Colts - 22-8 Winners over CovCath's 7th Grade team earlier today.

It's so hard to tell what Brossart has this year. Sure they are playing weak teams that no one has heard of. But, you can't deny the fact that they are 4-0. They have Ludlow next week and Ludlow is down from last year. The Mustangs, in my opinion, are a better team than last year, but it is hard telling from the teams they have played. The one thing that is for sure is that they have Beechwood and Holy Cross later in the season and those are two very good teams.

Who do they play in their District first? I am sure that the tides will turn when they play some quality teams. Weak schedule will come back to hurt them later.

Yeah a team that was 8-2 and a playoff team last year is weak. Brossart is getting better every year and getting no credit. They will play tough in district. Nice job Mustangs keep playing hard

Brossart has only had a team a handful of years and scheduling is not an issue. They are a good team. To see how far this team has gone in a short amount of time is amazing. Being 4-0 is a big deal and not because of who they schedule. The teams they are playing are teams with the same school size they are new they don't need to go against big schools yet. They are building things out there and you can see that the way they are doing it is the right way. Keep winning those games Mustangs your program is headed in the right direction.

Brossart has only had a team a handful of years and scheduling is not an issue. They are a good team. To see how far this team has gone in a short amount of time is amazing. Being 4-0 is a big deal and not because of who they schedule. The teams they are playing are teams with the same school size they are new they don't need to go against big schools yet. They are building things out there and you can see that the way they are doing it is the right way. Keep winning those games Mustangs your program is headed in the right direction.

I agree. I believe they will finish at least third, if not second in their division. I think that they are much better than both Dayton and Ludlow and should have no problems with W.V. The Belview game will be close.

I agree. I believe they will finish at least third, if not second in their division. I think that they are much better than both Dayton and Ludlow and should have no problems with W.V. The Belview game will be close.

Not so fast with Walton! I am sure the game will be close one way or another but no problem, no way!

Brossart has a TON of respect for every district team on our schedule including Walton-Verona who took a very good Carroll County team to the wire on Friday night.

We have won exactly two district games in our brief history and have to play them one at a time, respecting every team that remains on our schedule.

The first four wins were good wins for the Brossart program. We have come strides. Betsy Layne has won a pair of games since we saw them in Eastern Kentucky a few weeks back, Caverna posted a win this weekend, and Eminence defeated us 54-0 two years ago.

Until we earn bragging rights on the gridiron, talk of "having no problem" with anybody is totally unfounded and I'm sure that statement didn't come from anyone close to our program. I'm sure that we are right in our district opponent's cross-hairs, who might be viewing us as being a tad bit cocky. Believe me that is not the attitude of the team or the coaching staff.

We will do our very best to win each and every game on our schedule for the remainder of the season. Just how well we compete in our quest to earn a nice 1-A seed is yet to be seen. As previous posters have stated, there are a lot of questions to be answered. I like what I've seen so far and feel good about our chances in a few of our upcoming games, however, until we get it done on the field, or get knocked off, we need to maintain a low profile and keep getting better.

An old basketball quote presently echoes in my mind - "The Day You Are Satisfied That You Have Played Your Best Game, You Probably Have!"

We need to remain healthy, happy, and hungry as we approach our district schedule and certainly don't need to provide our opponents with locker room bulletin board material.

Spoken like a true armchair observer who has only superficial knowledge of the other teams in our district.

I hope you are absolutely correct. It would be great to roll past Ludlow, Dayton, "have no problem" with Walton-Verona, and play a close game with "Belview."

Reality is reality and until we get it done on the field noone in this district owes us a tad of homage. As I stated in the above thread, Walton-Verona is obviously a quality team. Check out Carroll County's record and margain of victories this year previous to the Walton game, and note that "Belview" defeated Newport who beat Dayton by 60 points.

We'll see! It all starts Saturday night versus Ludlow.

:thumb: I like how Brossart is building their team and program. Both they and Walton are doing things the right way. One step at a time.

It's so hard to tell what Brossart has this year. Sure they are playing weak teams that no one has heard of. But, you can't deny the fact that they are 4-0. They have Ludlow next week and Ludlow is down from last year. The Mustangs, in my opinion, are a better team than last year, but it is hard telling from the teams they have played. The one thing that is for sure is that they have Beechwood and Holy Cross later in the season and those are two very good teams.

And Bishop Brossart is well known state wide or nationally? Please. :lol: However, I won't attribute your comment to the whole BB following, as Mustang certainly has demonstrated some classy and realistic comments.