Bishop Brossart 34 Eminence 13

StickerMann

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happened to Eminence this season? Had to go to West Virginia for their lone win. All those 8 man championships are fading memories.

I believe Eminence has finished second in their district the last two seasons. Teams can occasionally be down, especially really small schools. I'd expect Eminence to continue fielding pretty nice 1A teams for the forseeable future.

i meant no disrespect to anyone when I said this. There is a reason that the game is played, and to be honest i haven't seen Walton play. I have heard that they have athletes and are up from last year. I was just stating my opinion about how things may go.

Edited by the big coach

Not so fast with Walton! I am sure the game will be close one way or another but no problem, no way!

i meant no disrespect to anyone when I said this. There is a reason that the game is played, and to be honest i haven't seen Walton play. I have heard that they have athletes and are up from last year. I was just stating my opinion about how things may go.

Edited by the big coach

They play Ludlow first, but I'm curious who you would have them schedule? This is a new program, that got off to a questionable start; and finally got a quality staff in place & won their first games last year?? Who would you have them schedule--NCC, Highlands, Campbell--They play the best 1-A teams in the area already in district play?? They play in a traditionally very good 1-A district that has been dominated by Beechwood and NCC over the years, and is responsible for multiple state championships!! As Coach Reinhardt said in the Enquirer interview, "when you're 0-20 the previous two years, how could you ever schedule easy??" Best of luck to the Mustangs the remainder of the season--Your hard work and patience is paying off!! Disregard the naysayers!!

I have seen Bellvue play a couple times and they are a good team, they have alot of underclassman that have stepped up.

I'd have to agree that Bellevue is the favorite behind Beechwood for the #2 seed after their win over Newport, with the rest fighting it out for the #3 spot; but that will be decided on the field--Good luck to all the teams and stay healthy!!

First things first we take no district game lightly ! We feel that we play in one of the hardest districts in the state and no matter what their record is they are all good, well coached teams ! Second it seems that our schedule is consistently brought up! let me say first that I myself am a Covington kid and a Holmes guy, and a big fan of Stephen Lickert. But no one brings up their schedule which their opponents have a combined record (their first four games) of 4 wins and 14 loses and two of these schools are of lower classes. Nobody ever says that they caked their schedule and they shouldn't. Holmes is a very good football program. I wish them all the success in the world and for the record I dont think that they caked there schedule. NCC has two teams that they have played who havent one a game yet ,but does this mean that NCC is not legit? No. Eddie is doing a great job they are imo one of the best teams in Kentucky. We play who will play us there are certain teams that refuse to play catholic schools (and yes even brossart) . We had three open games on our schedule and we tried to fill them with N.Kentucky teams but only one obliged that was Holy Cross. Our kids play hard and never give up. We feel that we are in every game we play and on top of that these are great kids off the field.To say that they are not deserving is wrong!

Indeed the talent is cyclical.

A few years back we had a run of talent go through Brossart High School who accomplished great things on the hardwood, that could have put us on the football map. Unfortunately, we didn't have football at the time and probably missed out on a huge opportunity to become a football power in NoKy. I firmly believe that if we had started football in 2002 that the Class of 05 - McDole, Anderson, McCarthy, Schenk, Smith, Reilly, Cooper, etc and 07 - Cooper, Mutsch Kramer, Niemeyer, Uebel, Kidney, Lloyd, Rebholz, etc., could have set the stage for future years and that success would have bred success and we would presently be among the top small school dogs in NoKy. Our formative years through present might have been considered a down cycle, but I also think some players who went to NCC and Campbell County would probably be Mustangs, which might have offset the "down cycle."

When I suggested this on a short-lived chat site on our sports website, I was blown away by dissenters, stating that it took years to build a football program, and regardless of the talent base we would have struggled to be successful. To this I say Horse-Hockey! With our present coaching staff in place and the 05s and the 07s as a nucleus I think our football program would have jump-started us and we would have been off and running.

We are very happy with where we are today, but were forced to indeed build the program from the bottom up. We seem to have endured our growing pains and have established oursleves as an up-and-coming football program. We have a very nice freshmen group that just might put us over the top in a few years and allow us to look the small-school big dogs in the eye. That is yet to be seen, but hindsight being 20-20, I'd really like to glimpse what our football program might be like today, and what hardware might be in our trophy case, had we had the foresight to get into football back at the turn of the century.

According to some of the sites Brossart will be moved up to 2A is that true?

If it is the case Brossart will have a new hurdle in its way. If they are now in district with NewCath, Holy Cross, Newport and Lloyd, they will have to take another leap to stay moving in positive direction. I think the Holy Cross game later this year will be an interesting measuring stick for the Mustangs.