Ryle 20 Dixie 7

nees1212

A closer game than many expected. Turnovers in the first half were too costly for Dixie to overcome as Ryle let 13-0 at the half. Despite the turnovers and some key drops, Dixie had an opportunity late to tie (or take the lead). They started on their own 8 after a 65+ yard punt by Hempel (return guys looked at each other and let it bounce). Dixie drove to around midfield where on 3 and 10, there was a questionable no-call as Cohorn was tackled prior to the ball getting there. On 4th and 10 and under 2 minutes to go, Pike just flipped it up a prayer as 3 Raiders were draped on him, and Elliot caught it and return it about 50-60 yards for a TD.

Dixie was able to move the ball up and down the field most of the night. Dixie's coaches have found out that the offense is much more effective when Pike runs the ball. However, he needs to learn to keep that ball high and tight instead of out to the side. Even when Pike got a series off, DeMatteo was effective leading the team down the field. However, no points were scored.

Ryle started pounding the ball with Elliot, but then got away from that. Dixie did very well holding them in check. Ryle's passing game was non-existent, which will hurt them in the long run. Also, their kicking game is poor. Dixie blocked a few kicks tonight.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early this season Ryle played Highlands very tough, outplaying the 'Birds for the first half. Also early this season, 5A Dixie got beat by 2A NCC. So, has Ryle taken steps backward since then, has Dixie taken steps forward since then, or both?

I would have predicted a 4-TD margin of victory for this game.

I think the news put Elliott at 264 yards and the big INT return for a TD. He is a hoss.

As to our favorite poster's expected rip on Ryle above, I don't think it is that Ryle isn't as good as people think, I think it is that Dixie is better than a lot of people think.

I'm actually kinda surprised he finished with that many. He had 2 big TD runs, and a 3rd one called back. IMO, he didn't touch the ball enough for Ryle.

A couple plays here and there, and Dixie could be sitting at 5-0.

I think the news put Elliott at 264 yards and the big INT return for a TD. He is a hoss.

As to our favorite poster's expected rip on Ryle above, I don't think it is that Ryle isn't as good as people think, I think it is that Dixie is better than a lot of people think.

Dixie has lossed to NC who escaped with their lives tonight against Campbell County. Dixie lossed to SK who barely beat Henry Clay and now they've lossed to Ryle. Welcome Ryle to the world where winning is no longer enough. Maybe Ryle isn't playing their best football right now, but the bottom line is that they're winning.

Sounds like Ryle isn't as good as everyone thinks!

Sounds like Ryle didn't need a last second fg to beat the Colonels like your Neers did.

Also looks like they kept Dixie's offense and Pike in check, unlike your prediction stated.

I really can't wait to see Ryle and SK go at it...you're in for a serious rude awakening.

As far as THIS GAME goes, congrats to the Raiders.

Anyone know the extent of Leonard's injury? Heard he didn't play the second half. Sorry if it's already been addressed. Haven't read all the posts yet.

Dixie has lossed to NC who escaped with their lives tonight against Campbell County. Dixie lossed to SK who barely beat Henry Clay and now they've lossed to Ryle. Welcome Ryle to the world where winning is no longer enough. Maybe Ryle isn't playing their best football right now, but the bottom line is that they're winning.

Just because a team lossed to another team doesn't mean a lossed to someone else. Every game is unique and different. Dixie lossed to NCC and Ryle beat NCC. Take each game and every week individually.