Ballard or Ryle?

theguru

Does Messiah Mike have the best shot of leading his Bruins to 6A title this year or is the best shot Coach Warner and his Ryle Raiders?

We all need some help from any bracket gurus, what is the path Ballard and Ryle would have to take to the finals relative to X and T?

I think this could be the most exciting year for 6A since it's inception. Who will win, well I would have to go with Trinity, but at least it's not a slam dunk right now.

Edited by Ram

If I were ranking Ryle and Ballard relative to X and T, I would have to give Ballard the nod as being closest to challenging. Bottom-line is that Mike's Bruins have been there (played X) and were a failed 2 point conversion from winning.

Not taking anything away from Ryle; they are a legit team this year and a worthy adversary for anyone...

Simon Kenton!

SK will get their shot at the equation when they play Ryle...but they'll have to convince me that they are worthy of being considered in the same breath as Ryle and Ballard by actually beating the Raiders. I don't think they can - but that's why they don't play the games on message boards!

SK will get their shot at the equation when they play Ryle...but they'll have to convince me that they are worthy of being considered in the same breath as Ryle and Ballard by actually beating the Raiders. I don't think they can - but that's why they don't play the games on message boards!

Until Ryle beats SK, I have to agree they have just as much claim to be in the discussion as Ryle does. Playing a decent game against Highlands doesn't automatically put you in the discussion. It's a long season and alot of things can happen and if I'm not mistaken SK defeated Ryle the last time they played. I do think Ballard has proven moreso than anyone else that they deserve to be in the discussion...

The Trinity/Ballard district is matched up against the St. X/Manual district for the first 2 rounds. That means that for Ballard to just advance to the regional championship game they would likely have to beat X and Trinity on back to back weeks. I'll agree with AL on one point though. Male may have the easiest path to the final four of anyone. Their district is abysmal (only 3 teams and Fern Creek and Southern are awful) and they are paired against the 2nd worst 6A district IMHO (Western KY) in the first 2 rounds. The football Gods may have given them a BYE to the regional championship game.