Yesterday 07:21 PM #7

Show Stopper

* View Profile

* View Forum Posts

* Private Message

* Send Email

JV Player

Aug 2010

48-7 won't happen CoopJag. Cooper is still a budding program and they aren't ready to put that type of beatdown on any 5A school, even Scott. Maybe in a year or two, yes. This year? No.

I think CoopJag nailed this one. Scott scored on the Jag's reserves towards the end of the 3rd. Sorry to say but it will be a long season for Scott. A lot of injured kids on the sidelines.

While I admit that he did get this one right, basically having a Varsity vs. JV game will end up in a lop-sided scored like this one.

Regardless, as a Scott Alumni, I'm honestly just dumbfounded at the state of affairs with the Scott football program. Scott has some really good programs going in their baseball and basketball teams, yet I don't understand why their football team continues to struggle! Scott has some good athletes with these other programs but hardly any of them choose to play football.

Granted that is only a small part of the struggles with the Football program but I'm just completely dumbfounded with the situation in Taylor Mill. I know Scott is hurting from the Open Enrollment policy endorsed by the Kenton County Board of Education, but the gap between Scott and the other Kenton public schools (Simon Kenton and Dixie) should NOT be this large. At this point, I don't even know what steps should be taken for this program. I don't want to abandon it but with the current state of affairs, its hard to imagine the situation getting any better. These kids have ZERO confidence in anything right now and with other future players seeing this in middle school, they will take their services elsewhere further depleting Scott's roster.

At this point, I honestly don't know what the next step for this program is. I really think their is a real possibility in the future of Scott dissolving the program. I'm completely against that but there are a lot of murmuring going around in Taylor Mill about this and I think it will continue to plague this program until something happens that will deter this thinking. But in the forseeing future, I just don't know what is next for Scott Football...

Cooper has 4 or 5 Sophmores starting both ways so lets just call it a win for Cooper . Good luck to Scott this season . Hope they get things worked out . I hate to see any school struggle like that.

I heard last night that Cooper will be in Highlands district next year...I hope this turns out to be a good rivalry..

While I admit that he did get this one right, basically having a Varsity vs. JV game will end up in a lop-sided scored like this one.

Regardless, as a Scott Alumni, I'm honestly just dumbfounded at the state of affairs with the Scott football program. Scott has some really good programs going in their baseball and basketball teams, yet I don't understand why their football team continues to struggle! Scott has some good athletes with these other programs but hardly any of them choose to play football.

Granted that is only a small part of the struggles with the Football program but I'm just completely dumbfounded with the situation in Taylor Mill. I know Scott is hurting from the Open Enrollment policy endorsed by the Kenton County Board of Education, but the gap between Scott and the other Kenton public schools (Simon Kenton and Dixie) should NOT be this large. At this point, I don't even know what steps should be taken for this program. I don't want to abandon it but with the current state of affairs, its hard to imagine the situation getting any better. These kids have ZERO confidence in anything right now and with other future players seeing this in middle school, they will take their services elsewhere further depleting Scott's roster.

At this point, I honestly don't know what the next step for this program is. I really think their is a real possibility in the future of Scott dissolving the program. I'm completely against that but there are a lot of murmuring going around in Taylor Mill about this and I think it will continue to plague this program until something happens that will deter this thinking. But in the forseeing future, I just don't know what is next for Scott Football...

I would hate to see their nice new facility only being used for soccer. BTW, have they progressed with the bleachers? I stopped by one week ago and they hadn't even started to construct the stands.

Scott needs to look at how they are running things there. You need to run an offense that fits the players you have. The program was heading in the right direction a few years ago and then gets a new coach and goes down hill. And thats nothing against Coach Campbell at all he is a good coach but you can't just run anything you want. Fit your offense and defense to the skill level of the guys you have out there. Just my opinion keep fighting Eagles.

I dont think it was headed in the right direction a couples years ago when Scott lost to a 1a program in Dayton in which you scheduele to build the program thinking its an easy win. Scott hasnt been headed in the right direction for awhile.

I heard last night that Cooper will be in Highlands district next year...I hope this turns out to be a good rivalry..

I'm sure Cooper would love to be able to hang with a Highlands, but as with every team in NKY, I doubt that will happen in the near future. Ryle is getting close but they have a lot more numbers than Cooper does. Cooper is headed on the upswing and will hopefully have several "classes" back-to-back to help build a successful team.

I believe Bradley ran for 98 yards and two scores. Seeing as how Morris has emerged as someone who Cooper can rely on to throw the ball, I doubt Bradley will show the numbers he had last year. Kid is still IMO one of the top 3 backs in NKY. When he does get the ball he runs as hard as anyone and with him and Morris, Cooper could be a sleeper this year.

I dont think it was headed in the right direction a couples years ago when Scott lost to a 1a program in Dayton in which you scheduele to build the program thinking its an easy win. Scott hasnt been headed in the right direction for awhile.

I disagree just because they lost to a 1A school doesn't mean it wasn't heading in the right direction. They did earn a playoff spot that year only to lose to highlands but going to the playoffs for the second time in school history was a step in the right direction now they are just in they don't have to earn it.