Highlands 24 St. Xavier 19 (Frosh)

HHS 24

St X 19

Final

Very closely contested game at DCM in Ft. Thomas. Great atmosphere for a freshman game. HHS had a 3 headed rushing attack with #43 Harris, #30 Wrobleski, and #21 Hayes. O Line was outstanding for the frosh birds. Hayes has electric speed running back the opening kickoff for a TD 90 yards to start the second half. Speedster #83 Allen seals the win for the birds with an INT with 2 seconds left. Future keeps getting brighter for the Birds.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by both teams. This wasn't your normal hitting frosh game. These kids were putting some licks on each other.. I was very impressed with Harris, Hergott, and Hayes tonight.. The Hayes kid can flat out fly...Wow!!!! :ylsuper:

The only weak link for this stacked team (Schweitzer, Wrobleski, Harris and Hayes, etc......) was their defense tonight. I loved the PAT formation. The St. X team didn't know what to think and HHS scored on all 3 attempts!

Hayes broke the opening 2nd half kickoff then he almost broke the next kickoff. Once the kid learns how to make kids miss in the open field, teams will have to kick it out of bounds.

I second that!! What a fantastic atmosphere DCM tonight! Saw a lot of the varsity players there as well, supporting the frosh. St X parents were very supportive and from what I saw/heard very classy as well. A well played game by both teams. The Birds looked really strong, particularly, once they settled down. Looked a little star struck to start the game. Should be a fun group to watch for the next 4 years.

The only weak link for this stacked team (Schweitzer, Wrobleski, Harris and Hayes, etc......) was their defense tonight. I loved the PAT formation. The St. X team didn't know what to think and HHS scored on all 3 attempts!

Hayes broke the opening 2nd half kickoff then he almost broke the next kickoff. Once the kid learns how to make kids miss in the open field, teams will have to kick it out of bounds.

Specifically passing defense..

--Interesting, I did not see a week link. Playing St. X, are you kidding me? Those kids played their hearts out, on offense, and DEFENSE! Particularly in the second half. Mised some open field tackles, but first game, under the lights, against St X....I will take it!!

Hugh program Win for the BabyBirds. The Birds lived up to all of the hype tonite and did not dissapoint in front a very nice crowd for a Frosh game. Go BabyBirds. 23n13

Agreed! A special class in the making and the strong gets stronger. Keep working BabyBirds!

Looks like the baby birds are building another state chamionship team. The youth league in Ft. Thomas is 2nd is second to no one . You should be proud of your former players. Harris; Wrobleskl', Herrgot and Scheritzer. They look like the real deal.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Congrats to both teams. A very hard played game by both teams. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball. It will be fun watching the kids on both teams as they progress through high school football. Tough first game opponents for both teams. Best of luck to the Tigers the rest of the year.

Birds played pretty dang well. Have to work on the holding penalties, but for the first game I thought we looked very good. Above mentioned Highlands players all played well as did many not mentioned. Keep working and get focused on Monday for practice. It's a short practice week before facing the Camels.

Looks like the baby birds are building another state chamionship team. The youth league in Ft. Thomas is 2nd is second to no one . You should be proud of your former players. Harris; Wrobleskl', Herrgot and Scheritzer. They look like the real deal.

Harris, Hergott and Schweitzer all played in the NKYFL for the Red Devils for their entire youth football career. Wrobleski played about 3 or 4 years for the Red Devils.

Harris, Hergott and Schweitzer all played in the NKYFL for the Red Devils for their entire youth football career. Wrobleski played about 3 or 4 years for the Red Devils.

Fred was well aware of that fact when he made his post. He was just trying to stir the stink. Sophomoric in my opinion.

Based on a dominant performance by the JV team yesterday against Ryle and a freshman victory over St. X the future of this program is beyond bright. The addition of Coach Behymer to the freshman program has been tremendous!