Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA puts Morehead St. on probation

Featured Replies

The story isn't reall that big it's actually quite dumb. I knew they were investigating when I was working there back in 2008 and 2009. Athletic dept knew something would happen just not the extent. I can't think of the players name but it involves a person who graduated from MSU that many didn't consider a "booster". I'd tell the story but I haven't talked with the people I worked for on campus to get the update on it all. If no one posts the story you can pm me and I'll give it to ya.

 

 

Plus I don't have really any kind of sources on anything unless it deals with MSU then I'm pretty connected. It pays off to work on campus in high end departments when you're attending college.

In a limited scholarship sport like basketball, losing one is a pretty big deal, imo. I am not saying it earth shattering or even alter the program in anyway, but teams are only given so many scholarships to work with.
  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a limited scholarship sport like basketball, losing one is a pretty big deal, imo. I am not saying it earth shattering or even alter the program in anyway, but teams are only given so many scholarships to work with.

 

Let me clarify what I meant. I believe that the actual incident is dumb not the punishment. I agree with it hurtin them but I just think the overall incident was dumb to begin with. Hope it clears it up a little bit.

Let me clarify what I meant. I believe that the actual incident is dumb not the punishment. I agree with it hurtin them but I just think the overall incident was dumb to begin with. Hope it clears it up a little bit.

:thumb: I see. You are referring to the "booster" incident.

The story isn't reall that big it's actually quite dumb. I knew they were investigating when I was working there back in 2008 and 2009. Athletic dept knew something would happen just not the extent. I can't think of the players name but it involves a person who graduated from MSU that many didn't consider a "booster". I'd tell the story but I haven't talked with the people I worked for on campus to get the update on it all. If no one posts the story you can pm me and I'll give it to ya.

 

 

Plus I don't have really any kind of sources on anything unless it deals with MSU then I'm pretty connected. It pays off to work on campus in high end departments when you're attending college.

 

Which department did you work in TBW?

And after talking to someone I decided I don't really want to try and dig and find anything out, I don't want to know because I don't want to have information that people don't want out there. I could probably find out quite a bit, but it would probably be a "if we tell you we'd have to kill you" kind of thing :lol:.

Well, once again, Wireman with veiled replies so that folks out here in BGP land think he's connected. Who are you waiting on now to give you clearance to spill the beans? The act is tired frankly.

 

I'm glad you can derive an opinion of me after 54 posts.

 

Theres nothing veiled about it - I don't post much here anymore because of wise guys like you that ruin solid information by attacking everyone.

 

And yes, I can guarantee you that I know plenty about Morehead State basketball.

And yes, I can guarantee you that I know plenty about Morehead State basketball.

Without question. So what exactly was the violation and who was involved?

I'm glad you can derive an opinion of me after 54 posts.

 

Theres nothing veiled about it - I don't post much here anymore because of wise guys like you that ruin solid information by attacking everyone.

 

And yes, I can guarantee you that I know plenty about Morehead State basketball.

A. You can read without posting. And I've read plenty.

B. If you don't want to say anything about the issue, why post at all? Credibility would be greater if you'd just spill the beans.

Without question. So what exactly was the violation and who was involved?
Yeah, what he said.
I'm glad you can derive an opinion of me after 54 posts.

 

Theres nothing veiled about it - I don't post much here anymore because of wise guys like you that ruin solid information by attacking everyone.

 

And yes, I can guarantee you that I know plenty about Morehead State basketball.

If I have the same opinion with my 19,000 posts, does that make mine more credible?
If I have the same opinion with my 19,000 posts, does that make mine more credible?

 

No, not really. The question was asked:

 

So did they do something "illegal" to get Kenneth Faried?

 

And it was answered:

 

No, it has nothing to do with Kenneth Faried.

 

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Don't defend yourself wireman...do your thing. I respect the position that you can be in at times and appreciate when you are able to offer insight.

A. You can read without posting. And I've read plenty.

B. If you don't want to say anything about the issue, why post at all? Credibility would be greater if you'd just spill the beans.

 

I don't need credibility with you. I post when I want to post and what I want to post within the rules because that it my right that comes along with paying my membership dues. I could say the same crazy statement to you and it would make about as much sense: if you don't want to post, why read at all? Right, because that's your choice and you're free to do that if you choose.

No, not really. The question was asked:

 

So did they do something "illegal" to get Kenneth Faried?

 

And it was answered:

 

No, it has nothing to do with Kenneth Faried.

 

I don't see anything wrong with that.

So ... what is the issue?

 

Personally, I think his original comment had some validity.

Don't defend yourself wireman...do your thing. I respect the position that you can be in at times and appreciate when you are able to offer insight.

 

X2. Most posters on here appreciate your insight. Keep it coming.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.