August 27, 201016 yr Gotta love Pujols getting IBB 3 times. He looked none too happy with the last one.
August 27, 201016 yr The Reds are also 3 clear of the Phillies, who are heading to San Diego. Meaning if things ended today, the Reds would have home field advantage in the first round...right?
August 27, 201016 yr Author When do we go to Colorado & San Diego? Colorado is right after the Cardinals series.
August 27, 201016 yr Meaning if things ended today, the Reds would have home field advantage in the first round...right? We're tied w/ Atlanta for 2nd best in NL...I think
August 27, 201016 yr Colorado is right after the Cardinals series. That stretch will make or break us
August 27, 201016 yr That stretch will make or break us I have heard that about 30 times this year already.
August 27, 201016 yr The Cardinals have not won a series against a team with a .500 or losing record this month. They've lost or split series with the Chicago Cubs, the Milwaukee Brewers, the Pirates, the Houston Astros, and the currently .500 Florida Marlins. Those five teams are a combined 87 1/2 games out of first place. Not since sweeping the Pirates at the end of July at Busch Stadium have the Cardinals won a series against a team beneath them in the standings. And that's only half of it. The Cardinals have lost or tied seven of the eight series they've had against "inferior"* ballclubs since the All-Star break. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/birdland/article_9b625c80-b129-11df-93bd-00127992bc8b.html
August 27, 201016 yr My grandmother, who chewed tobacco & cheated at Euchre. Oh, she played piano at church too. :lol:
August 27, 201016 yr I have heard that about 30 times this year already. I've been pointing to that series all year ... who didn't know that extended Labor Day swing was going to be the Reds' chance to lock it up?
August 27, 201016 yr I've been pointing to that series all year ... who didn't know that extended Labor Day swing was going to be the Reds' chance to lock it up? Jumping the gun a little bit there aren't you? I don't think the Reds will be in position to lock up the division come Labor Day weekend. The Cubs owe the Reds a little pay back from a few years back when a bad Reds team kept them from making the playoffs. And then there is the Brewers. I don't think I need to remind any Reds fans of what the Brewers did to them the final weekend of the 1999 season. Guess who the Reds play the final weekend this year. I believe the Reds are about to play their worst stretch of the season. Why you ask? We need to look no further than their starting pitching. It was awful during the Giants series, and I think the Reds starting pitching will end the season the way it began the season. Tough break Reds fans, but hey there is always next year.
August 27, 201016 yr Jumping the gun a little bit there aren't you? I don't think the Reds will be in position to lock up the division come Labor Day weekend. The Cubs owe the Reds a little pay back from a few years back when a bad Reds team kept them from making the playoffs. And then there is the Brewers. I don't think I need to remind any Reds fans of what the Brewers did to them the final weekend of the 1999 season. Guess who the Reds play the final weekend this year. I believe the Reds are about to play their worst stretch of the season. Why you ask? We need to look no further than their starting pitching. It was awful during the Giants series, and I think the Reds starting pitching will end the season the way it began the season. Tough break Reds fans, but hey there is always next year. The Cubs have won 3 straight, they're bound to come back down to Earth. I say the Reds take 2 of 3, if not another sweep. Those Brewers games were in Miller Park, these will be at GABP....Big Difference. The starting pitching will be fine. Volquez has been hit or miss since he's returned, Bailey and Wood simply just had bad outings. And yes, if the Reds can keep their lead at 3-4 heading into the Cards series, they have a chance to essentially end the division race in St. Louis...
August 27, 201016 yr Jumping the gun a little bit there aren't you? I don't think the Reds will be in position to lock up the division come Labor Day weekend. The Cubs owe the Reds a little pay back from a few years back when a bad Reds team kept them from making the playoffs. And then there is the Brewers. I don't think I need to remind any Reds fans of what the Brewers did to them the final weekend of the 1999 season. Guess who the Reds play the final weekend this year. I believe the Reds are about to play their worst stretch of the season. Why you ask? We need to look no further than their starting pitching. It was awful during the Giants series, and I think the Reds starting pitching will end the season the way it began the season. Tough break Reds fans, but hey there is always next year. So pretty much every prediction you have said so far has been wrong. Just saying...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.